Sword & Lance Model Show 2023

A few pictures from the competition tables at todays Sword & Lance show in Darlington. I basically took pics of what interested me. Not all armour, but loved the old recovery truck and the UH-1D.

6 Likes

Some very fine work on the tables there. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Looks like a good show and some decent kits… I’m off to Yeovil tomorrow… Should be good.

There was some excellent models on show, lots of aircraft. Bumped into an ex 4th/7th guy there he was in Hobart Barracks when we were in Lothian in Detmold, see him most shows and pull up a sandbag. We have the Northern Model Show in June in North Shields, that’s pretty much all we get up North.
Is Yeovil be a big show?

Yeah I think it is really. They did 2 shows last year, but I could only get to one. It covers a lot of footage in a college complex.loads of club display tables and a fair few vendors, there was a big RC area and a large scale armour RC area…

There’s a few items I’m on the look out for so hopefully we come away with a few bits. It’s goods I think there at least 2 or 3 that chat on here that will be there. So it’s good to put a face to a name.

I was looking for photo etch mesh for engine decks etc. however although there were vendors selling tools, brushes and so on I couldn’t find mesh or Albion Alloys tubing. Hopefully the North East show which is usually larger will have more stuff available.

I’m curious as to the scale of that KA-50, is it 1/48 or 1/72?

I’d go with 1/48th looking at it in the background of the UH-1D. I seem to remember it looking on the small side.

yeah i was thinking that as well. if it’s the revell or italeri kit then it’s a grail find as it’s OOP

Some of the base edges on these dioramas have the best signage that I’ve ever seen.

Most times modelers don’t take the time to decorate the edge of the base with titles, plaques, and graphics.

I like the country badges on the KA-50 and the UH-1D with the country embossed into it. Makes me think the same person built those two kits.

Thanks for sharing your pictures. Looks like it was a good show