T-14 Armata Zvezda

Hi all
I’ve applied the basic paint scheme. I got the inspiration from the reference pictures above. The scheme is a combination of several actual ones. I had to guess for the top and rear views just like often with Zvezda instructions. :grinning:

Now it’s time for detail painting.
Olivier

7 Likes

Really like that cam Olivier, perfectly blended into each other. Excellent :ok_hand:

1 Like

I am most impressed with your model! You did a great job. My only concern about the T-14 Armata is that they have been around for years but still only sport 14 tanks. It’s hard to take seriously.

Bill

Some pictures of the beast after a brown wash has been applied. The grilles on the rear hull sides are glued. I still need to add the antennas on the turret roof.
Sorry for the poor pics. It’s so long that I can’t use my usual background.

Olivier

11 Likes

The camo makes it look smaller than it actually is (huge!!)

I like the way the turret bustle rack shows after the wash, makes the grille with the tiny holes pop out, even if it is a solid part. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Nice pictures Olivier … That wash has really found its way into all the place you wanted… It shows the lines and panels off so well… Great work :+1:

1 Like

I applied a pinwash to enhance the details. Some streaking has been done on the hull sides with water pencils. A brown wash was applied to the tracks to simulate dried earth. I need to give a shiny metal look to the raised parts of the links. And I removed the plastic bits between the guide teeth so the tracks look more realistic.

Olivier

12 Likes

Have the Russians been able to start production yet?

Bill

Reports say no … Last time I bothered looking there were only 20 + tanks been made. Supply, money, design issues are rife apparently

Thanks! The last I heard they had built 14,

Bill

1 Like

The 20 + was estimated… Not confirmed… And they also had X amount of prototypes built which may account for some as well …

Thanks. The Russians are a very secretive people.

Bill

1 Like

They have to be, there are Nazis literally everywhere you see :rofl:

2 Likes

And of course everyone that is not a Nazi is an American spy!
Ken

Thank you all for the comments. I finally managed to write the usual article for my website.
Here is the link for those who would be interested in.
Enjoy the visit.

Olivier

3 Likes

Nice article :+1: :+1:

Just a small notice, the background combined with the font style made it hard to read.

1 Like

Impressive site Olivier, very informative and lots of great images from your old builds, some nice reminders there I’d forgotten about :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. Some years ago I had a different combination of background and font that I changed because someone made the same comment. :grinning:

Olivier

1 Like