T-34-85 Model 1944 Factory №174 RFM 5079

5 hours of work

4 Likes

6 hours of work.

7 Likes

How do you like the kit so far?

Not as simple as it seems at first view. When the assembly is finished, I will share all my impressions about this kit.

1 Like

7 hours of work

6 Likes

Friends! I’ll take a timeout. To rest. Tomorrow I’ll continue.
I thought today I would work 10-12 hours. But, with my forced break, I slowed down the pace. Tomorrow I will try to do more! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi all! Before continuing the assembly, I want to make a small digression.
Sometimes I see people assembling the whole model, installing (gluing) all the parts, and then the whole model is painted and weathering. I don’t really like this approach. Where necessary, I always paint and weathering parts and components separately from the model. And only then I put it in place. But! I have never painted a fully assembled model in my life. I understand that the quality of painting and weathering will be far from normal. And yet, for the purposes of the experiment, I will try this approach. I’ll see what I get. At the same time, this approach will speed up the assembly. :smiley:

2 Likes

8 hours of work

5 Likes

9 hours of work

4 Likes

That’s why I got stuck. I painted the springs before gluing on the inside of the hull. The intake and exhaust parts are still not glued in to paint underneath and my wheels and rims are not attached to paint separately instead of masking. Probably not worth the effort but with yellow plastic I think that is easier to see through the openings. I am looking forward to your outcome.

3 Likes

I’ll try!
Although I fully support the idea that painting a fully assembled model is not correct.

2 Likes

10 hours of work.

3 Likes

11 hours of work.

6 Likes

I’ll take a short break for a couple of hours. :smiling_face:

4 Likes

FWIW

Vladyslav, if quality, fast time efficient model builds are an area of interest, the near new release Academy 1/35 Pz III Ausf J North Africa and related kits are well worth checking out. I built one in ~23 hours. I’m a very slow, typically 35 to 65 hours to build a 1/35 scale tank.

3 Likes

Will have to try!
Once upon a time, I assembled models of the Academy. I really liked Warrior. At the time, it was a great model. And even vinyl tracks and opaque observation devices and optics did not spoil it.

2 Likes

I will continue :blush:

1 Like

12 hours of work.

4 Likes

13 hours of work.

4 Likes

14 hours of work.

7 Likes