T-34-85 Model 1944 Factory №174 RFM 5079

15 hours of work.

4 Likes

Friends!
For today, perhaps, everything!
I will sum up a small result of two days and 15 net hours of work. A lot of time (about half) is spent on removing micro-burr. And it is present in almost all the details.
There are defects from incorrectly milled molds.
I spent two whole hours trying to fit the aft folding armor plate.
An hour was spent on the photoetched mesh.
An ambiguous decision on the road wheels. Why so many details? They also took a lot of time.
In general, there are moments that slow down the assembly process.
Tomorrow I will continue!

3 Likes

Hello everyone!
I continue to assemble :smiley:

3 Likes

16 hours of work.

I align the chassis.

5 Likes

17 hours of work. I continue to level the chassis.

7 Likes

18 hours of work.

6 Likes

Looking good. :+1:

So we have built night at the local hobby store this week. I am going to bring this kit to clean up the wheels and track for painting. Thanks providing the spark to take this one off the shelf of doom.

4 Likes

You’re a modeling machine

1 Like

19 hours of work.
A small “surprise” from RFM. Driving wheels are shifted outwards. There will be problems with the tracks.

2 Likes

Do you mean they are sticking out too far?

It’s just great! I’m so glad that my little modeling “madness” gave you the inspiration to complete your project!

2 Likes

I’m driven by an unknown modeling power! I’m so imbued with this assembly that I don’t even notice what’s going on around me! :grinning:

1 Like

Yes. Relative to the central longitudinal axis of the road wheels.

1 Like

20 hours of work

4 Likes

That’s all for today!
Slowly I’m thinking about a painting plan. I feel that it will not be an easy task - to paint not in parts but in assembled form.

1 Like

You’re in the modeling zone! Don’t fight it!

2 Likes

Can you trim the shaft for the sprocket?

No. This should not be done, as the wheel must be “in place” and movable. This will make it easier to bend the tracks around it. Without a shaft, there is a risk of wheel displacement. And it will be much more difficult to assemble a part of the track that goes around the wheel.

Not remove the shaft, but make it not so long if the sprocket is sticking out too far.

The shaft itself does not interfere. There, the hub part must be grinded down by 0.5-07 mm.