T-34-85 Model 1944 Factory №174 RFM 5079

RFM makes 3D printed tracks for this kit if you want to spend the money.

3 Likes

Patience :sweat_smile: Sometimes my “roof” is blown off too :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Tracks decided to make it workable for several reasons.

1. I don’t like glue-filled tracks. At a minimum, in places visible through the light, the tracks should not be fused.
  2. It will not be possible to glue a pre-glued section on the drive wheels evenly. The driving wheels themselves do not sit tightly on their axles. Hang out.
  3. On idler wheels, the section is too long. I’ll have to move the idler wheels forward a bit. With glued sections, this will be very difficult to do. And with working tracks - very easy. Moreover, I did not glue the crank itself completely, but only grabbed a couple of microdroplets of glue.
2 Likes

I admire your perseverance with those tracks! That’s some delicate surgery to accomplish! Much Respect!

One look at the outside face punch marks and I went for aftermarket tracks.

3 Likes

I’ve had my eyes on this kit for awhile, but have never seen it in the flesh. I’ll be watching this like I was watching a leggy red head! I seriously like RFM kits, and between them and Takom the rest can be put out to pasture. Just wish they’d re-release some of the older kits they started out with
gary

1 Like

trust me that Academy kit is as good as anybody’s at half the price, and it fits extremely well
gary

1 Like

My Pz III build experience with the Academy Pz III was outstanding, not so much with some of the others. Academy Pz III at $45 is a good deal.

3 Likes

Very cool topic!
I’ll finish mine, I’ll go to visit you!

2 Likes

Hi all!
I will continue. I’ll work for a couple of hours, take a break, and then continue again.

1 Like

36 hours of work.

5 Likes

37 hours of work.

5 Likes

38 hours of work.

4 Likes

39 hours of work.

5 Likes

40 hours of work.

The idler wheel will have to be moved forward significantly.

6 Likes

41 hours of work.

3 Likes

42 hours of work.

3 Likes

43 hours of work.

Left just a little bit! :astonished:

4 Likes

44 hours of work.

Oh, and it’s hard all somehow goes! :confounded:

4 Likes

I don’t like what it turns out. Too large distances between the tracks turned out. :unamused:
With manual drilling, everything is clearly obtained.
Okay, more about this later. I will share my impressions and conclusions from the results of this experiment with a drill.

3 Likes

checked the rest of the sections - it turned out more or less normal there. Such gaps only in one place turned out.
I’ll redo it. :rofl:

2 Likes