T-34-85 Model 1944 Factory №174 RFM 5079

:joy: :rofl: :upside_down_face: :laughing:
And none of them know how to write instructions!
Ken

3 Likes

61 hours of work.

3 Likes

62 hours of work.

4 Likes

Unexpected surgery.
I forgot to pre-drill the holes for the handrails.
Result - 2 hours spent on:

1. Cut off the part.
  2. Using tweezers with curved jaws, climb under the armored cap and break out the air intake flap.
    Through the cutout under the tower with a flashlight, highlight the places for the holes.
  3. Mark them with a pencil and drill holes. Transfer with a ruler to another armored cap.
    And all this for the sake of two handrails, which could be simply glued without any holes! :rofl: :joy: Question - how long will I build this model?! :grin: :grin:
4 Likes

63 hours of work.

Mold displacement is present on almost all parts. It has to be constantly removed.
Headlight. The only detail where I deviate from the out-of-the-box assembly and then glue some glass. Well, I can’t paint a piece of plastic with silver and think that this is a headlight. :wink:

3 Likes

64 hours of work.

I’m getting the handrails in order. I try to make them round in cross-section.
The nylon thread from the set was impregnated with liquid PVA. In the process of impregnation, I constantly untwisted and twisted along the fibers, and across - between the fingers. Without losing its elasticity, it gained some strength and became round in cross-section. Before that, it was crumpled and flat in places.

6 Likes

65 hours of work.

Prepared photo-etched screeds for gluing.

3 Likes

66 hours of work.

I continue to glue photo-etched parts.

6 Likes

Looking good! :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

67 hours of work.

Somehow, these fastening tapes were given to me hard.

6 Likes

Thanks Wade!
Somehow, these fastening tapes were given to me hard.
It seems nothing complicated, but somehow I did it all for a long time.

3 Likes

Still looking sharp on the build. Looking really good.

1 Like

Friends! I would like to ask you a question about the quality of my photos.
I’ve looked at them on three different monitors, and I see that some kind of nonsense comes out. It is clear that I am far from professional photography, but I want the photos to be of more or less normal quality.
Therefore, the question arises - how bad are they? What would you, being, for example, the art editor of a publication, correct in them?
I really want to hear your comments. I need it very much. To understand in which direction to learn the art of photography.

2 Likes

All your images look good to me; I can see great detail on the closeups.

1 Like

Does the background in the photo on your monitor look white, or with any shades?

1 Like

It looks different on different monitors. At home, it is with a gray tint, at work on one monitor - with red, and on the other - with blue. At the same time, I look at photos of other modelers on the same monitors, and on all monitors, the white background looks almost the same - white. This means that I am doing something wrong.

2 Likes

What about the refresh rate on you monitors? What’s the resolution on them?

1 Like

Home - 60 Hz. But at work - I don’t know. I’ll check. There, however, the monitors themselves are already ancient. But, purely subjectively, they show a normal picture.

1 Like

And what about color? Sharpness and contrast? Some of the photos I take in haste. Not always everything works out.
I post them in high resolution. Maybe I need to reduce them in size before uploading?

1 Like

They look good to me. :+1:

1 Like