T 34 Scale 1:16 - "belgrade Offensive 1944"

Hello everyone, I would like to present my T 34 in 1:16 on my diorama “The Belgrade Offensive 1944”. The diorama is not finished yet. Details are still missing - both on the diorama and in the interior of the houses. Thank you for watching.
Best regards
Frank

img[/img]

11 Likes

7 Likes

7 Likes

10 Likes

12 Likes

Great diorama Frank, how big is the diorama overall?

1 Like

Thank you very much. It’s 70cm ( 27,6 inches) x 60 cm (23,6 inches)

1 Like

Wow! It’s looks awesome! I understand you have worked many many hours with this. In this size I suppose you could have real mini plants growing in the diorama…:slight_smile:
Keep up the good work! /Erik

2 Likes

Thank you very much, Erik. The meadow ist made of sisal fibers, plastic plants and other useful materials. Treated with the airbrush in light green, green, yellow and khaki. The tree ist made of an ast (? German?) of a lilac bush, the leaves are made of crushed parsley (in German gerebelte Petersilie). Sorry, my English isn’t good. I’ve to use the Google Translator sometimes.
Best regards
Frank

1 Like

At Easter it was only a small step further. A wooden walkway was placed between the stairs and the entrance. This was aged in the usual way. In addition, small piles of firewood were placed next to the stoves in the houses. Not much, but it does its job.

9 Likes

Frank your English is so much better than my German and the best word to describe this diorama is Meisterstück . Every aspect of it is excellent and very realisitic, bravo! I am curious who makes the 1/16 Yugoslav partisan, and also the 1/16 tractor? Please, please when it is all finished take some photos in sunshine :sunny: :tumbler_glass:

Thank you very very much, Martin. Meisterstück is right in German, but I’m not sure, this is a “Meisterstück”. I’m very glad about this feedback. The Tractor is die cast in scale 1:18. Not right for this diorama. But it is very small in reality and there are a few mm only. It’s a model from Schuco, Germany. I’ve treated it with thinned oiled colors umbra burnt and some pigments to reach a used optic. Then airbrushed with matt varnished. I’m so bad in English and I hope you understand

And again a little thing that can only be seen at the second view. The stones were a little “washed in” because they only lay on the surface. For this, the surface was first wetted with diluted white glue, quartz sand was sprinkled over it and this was dripped over with white glue. Then color with diluted oil paint, burnt umber.!

IMG_0338|666x500 !

IMG_0339|666x500 !

IMG_0340|666x500 !

IMG_0341|666x500 !

IMG_0342|666x500 !

IMG_0343|666x500 !

IMG_0344|666x500 !

1 Like

And again a little thing that can only be seen at the second view. The stones were a little “washed in” because they only lay on the surface. For this, the surface was first wetted with diluted white glue, quartz sand was sprinkled over it and this was dripped over with white glue. Then color with diluted oil paint, burnt umber.!

7 Likes

Sweet !! very very cool !!

1 Like

Sie sind herzlich willkommen, I keep returning to these images and keep seeing new details, always the sign of a top-quality production. As you say the tractor’s scale difference is of no importance, but it is an excellent accessory to make this creation unique. I think the T34 alone would win a prize in any Modelling Show and, even though you are still working on it, the Diorama also. The only thing I don’t like is the giant paper towel roll :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:You are in very good company in this forum, welcome :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Thank you very much for the nice feedbacks. Haha, yes…the giant paper towel roll. As soon as the diorama is finished, I’ll take photos in front of a neutral background. And by the way, compliments on the good greeting in German.
Best regards
Frank

Frank, your diorama is really Toll! As Master Martin rightly states ein richtiges Meisterstück!
In this scale you can put so much more detail than in 1:35 and you managed to do just that! Wirklich Eindrucksvoll!!!

1 Like

Thank you very much, Erwin. I’m flattered. Thank you for the wonderful feedback.
Best regards
Frank

1 Like

Great looking dio. That’s one impressive beast of a tank. Well done all around. :+1: :+1:

1 Like