T 34 Scale 1:16 - "belgrade Offensive 1944"

Thank you very much. I’m very pleased about your comment.

The barrel was treated. I airbrushed it in silver first. Then chipping fluid (you can also use hairspray). Then in dark yellow. Then again chipping fluid. Then painted in red with the brush. After drying, rubbed off with a stiff brush and water. Again with paper (kitchen roll), then washing with diluted oil paint burnt umber. Pigments applied to the damp washing (rust and earth-colored). Imitates black oil / diesel stains with diluted oil paint black. I forget: The barrel was dented before. And the pump was added

8 Likes

Here is an overall picture of Dios.The base is quite dirty from the treatments by the various washes and gluing actions … I have to fix that at the end. But first comes the interior of the buildings.

6 Likes

And another little thing. Serbian Orthodox saints, so-called icons, were glued to a balsa wood board and cut out with a scalpel. These were glued to the walls in the inside of the buildings. As far as I know, these are wooden pictures, so I have done without a frame. For the sake of completeness: I googled this, downloaded it, scaled it and printed it!
IMG_0354|375x500

6 Likes

I continue to be knocked out by this diorama, it looks fantastic ! However if you’re going into this level of detail (and I’m willing to be corrected by an expert) but I think icons were more often positioned near the front door, yours is on the upper storey. When entering someone else’s house it was/is customary to kiss the icon & “cross” oneself as a mark of religious respect to the owner of their house :tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Hello Tim, thank you very much for your feedback. I did not know that. Fortunately, one house has a small icon in the entrance area, while the other one has the entrance next to the stove. Close to the big icon. Downstairs is only the entrance to the basement. I was lucky again, despite my ignorance.

Saubere arbeit113
Beautiful work all round.

1 Like

Herzlichen Dank, Piet. Freut mich, dass es gefällt. I’m very pleased about your feedback.

1 Like

A roughly timbered table and a bench were made, treated with color and glued into the first building.

6 Likes

Now two more chairs have been added. That should it be for today.

6 Likes

The bed in the 2nd house was created. It was made from natural branches, balsa wood, thin plywood as a base board, mattress and pillow made of self-hardening modeling clay. Sheets made from the fabric of a brown shirt (not SA !!!), blanket and pillow made from a patterned shirt. Drizzled with thinned white glue. Possible color corrections will follow. The chairs in the 1st house are glued … Minor corrections to the glued areas will follow. Sorry for my bad English.

5 Likes

Outstanding and realistic looking rustic furniture. Not sure about the blanket though. Might want to tone down the colors a bit. Other than that, :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you very much.
It is very difficult to judge the right colors. There are only black and white photos. So I decided to do it. It may be wrong, but I think I’ll keep it that way anyway.
Sorry for the bad English.
Best regards
Frank

Now I’ve shot a few black and white photos. In addition, the bed was turned over and fixed. An additional brown blanket has been added. It looks more believable when your feet are on the stove. In addition, the tank was fixed on the Dio. To do this, I sprinkled the chains with plenty of diluted white glue on the top and the side lying on the bottom. This is now dry and invisible. Nevertheless, the tank is glued bombproof.

6 Likes

In the meantime I have built a wardrobe, a regal for the cellar and a workbench. This will be provided with some inventory. I also added a ladder below the wooden porch outside the other house.

8 Likes

Wonderful stuff Frank - I love all the old farm building details and the tractor. Your diorama has the kind of detail and realism that keeps you looking at one thing after another.

1 Like

Thank you very much, Paul. I’m very pleased about your feedback.
Best regards
Frank

Today a sawhorse and a chopping block for splitting wood were added on the outside.
The sawhorse was made from crossed wooden strips 8x6 mm. The strips were cut at an angle with the Dremel and the cutting disc so that the crossed strips form a plane. 1 mm holes were drilled 1 cm above the ground. Toothpicks were glued in as a lower connection. A bar measuring 8 x 8 mm was glued between the bars at the intersecting points. Both end pieces have thus been connected to one another. This was coated with diluted oil paint and carefully dabbed off with a paper towel. Then drybrushing with white oil paint. Then a piece of natural wood was fixed “for sawing”. The whole thing was glued under the porch of the house.
The chopping block consists of a piece of lilac branch. This was cut a few times on the “pile surface” with a craft knife to simulate ax blows. Then several split natural timbers were glued to it and next to it. The chopping block will be provided with an ax and the sawhorse with a saw as soon as they have arrived. I am not convinced of my english, please check it out.

6 Likes

Just a minor detail, but for the sake of completeness. An ax made of tin arrived today. This was painted. The chump was treated with a very diluted oil paint burnt umber and the ax was fixed on it. In Germany they say: “Kleinvieh macht auch Mist” (small cattle also makes muck).

8 Likes

Epic build, fantastic attention to detail, simply brilliant … then you just get lost for words :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like