T 34 Scale 1:16 - "belgrade Offensive 1944"

Thank you, John.
Where wood is chopped, chips fly. So I have provided the soil with chips.

7 Likes

its those little touches that make it brilliant … like a lot of models shown here … you could take the T34 away and it would be a superb stand alone dio in its own right.

1 Like

I agree with @Johnnych01 all those small details. Wood chips, splinters and all the stuff that looks like it has been laying around for years. You have a fine eye for the little things that really make this spring to life. :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you for the nice feedback. I’m very glad that you like it.
I have now done the same under the sawhorse … only instead of chips I used sawdust.

This is already one of my all-time Top 20 dioramas and you’re still working on it! Perhaps it would be a cliché but a little animal or birdlife can add to the narrative – like a very territorial dog barking at the tank maybe, or just a few hens running around? :tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Thanks for the compliments, Tim. I’ve thought about it too. I found a beautiful German shepherd dog. But unfortunately he doesn’t bark, he sits well. Unfortunately, I have not yet found birds and hens on this scale.

Today some details were built inside the houses. For one house I built a primitive wardrobe for the hallway. This from matches in which 6 holes were drilled. Toothpicks were stuck into these holes as clothes hooks. Then a balsa board as a hat shelf. Painted with diluted oil paint and glued to the wall. A small table on the stairs of the other house was made from a thin plywood board and matches. Then another wall shelf above the bench, also made of plywood and a toothpick. I also built a table for the cellar out of plywood, natural wood as legs and matches to reinforce the legs. A shovel was stuck next to the door of the 2nd house, a spade is leaning against the gasoline barrel and a shovel is in the basement of the first house. That’s it for today again.

![IMG_0442|666x500](upload://st7CKHA5hf PIl2y345ui1G2F1vT.jpeg)

6 Likes

Since I want to furnish the rooms of the houses differently, I thought of setting up a kind of laundry room here. I built a boiler with a wood stove from a metal broom handle. Since I ordered 2 zinc tubs, which will not arrive until mid / end of May, I have already made a low table here on which one of the tubs will be placed.

6 Likes

An oil lamp and a German shepherd dog arrived today. The German Shepherd dog was painted, but it shines too much. It is still treated with a matt clear varnish. I also made a wooden bathtub out of plywood and balsa wood. The metal strapping was made with paper and painted steel colors. The tub is colored with thinned oil paint, burnt umber.

![IMG_0462|666x500](upload://kEyaXtJ6IG ![IMG_0466|666x500](upload://w4CDU0T94E![IMG_0467|666x500](upload://gsY9I7bvBD

8 Likes

As a really last deed today I built a “wringing rack” (or whatever the name is) and placed it behind the table with the upcoming zinc tub. There is also a washboard leaning against the table.

6 Likes

Yes you don’t want a glossy pooch & maybe you could bare his teeth so he looks like he’s snarling – hmmm Google says “knurren” but the Oxford English Dictionary (still THE authority for the English language) says “schnarren” is the true German derivation which I’m sure you recognise. I’m glad you’re installing some laundry and bathing facilities, if you could also put in a bed and a stove I will be happy to move in for a 1:35-sized airbnb rent :old_key: :tumbler_glass:

Thank you very much, Tim. Knurren is the right word in German. I want to add a farmer woman. I have a friend on Facebook who a farmer could print with a 3D printer. We have already chosen a motif. But it will last at least until the end of May.

In many places it looks very realistic.

1 Like

Wow fantastic work, should be in a museum. Just watched the white tiger Russian film supposedly based on a true story/myth. I thought the t34 were a bit odd did some research. T34-M1969, refurbished 34s with 44/55 type road wheels. Great work what’s Next??

1 Like

Thank you very much for your feedback. That pleases me very much. Next? Good question. I still have a SU100, Tiger II, Panther, Panzer IV, Jagdtiger and M16 half-track with anti aircraft gun in this scale. The kits are all from Trumpeter with interior.

Yesterday and today more accessories arrived. 3 lamps, a saw, an ax and an anvil with a resin log to stand on, pliers and a hammer. I replaced the resin log with real wood. That looks far better. For the lamps in the cellars, I created a shelf on the support beams. The lamp in the bedroom is on the wardrobe. The ax is leaning against the workbench, and there are also pliers, a hammer and a crowbar on the workbench. A hammer lies on the anvil. The saw was hung on the sawhorse under the porch.

9 Likes

This just keeps getting better and better with each new detail you add to the farmhouse. Everything fits and nothing seems odd or out of place. Makes for a very interesting scene that should hold the viewers eye as they notice all the little touches you have included. :+1: :+1:

Thank you very much for the nice comment. That’s a great motivation for me.

The zinc tubs arrived today. These are currently being processed further.

8 Likes

I built a small forge in the basement of the 2nd house.
A fireplace was made from plywood and covered with stones made from self-hardening modeling clay. Then it is washed with heavily diluted oil paints burnt umber and black. A bellows was made from 2 trapezoidal balsa boards, the material from self-hardening modeling clay, a piece of match and a nail. The smoke vent was made from thin plywood, balsa wood, strips of wood, and a piece of my metal broom handle. Airbrushed steel colors, washing with oil paints black, English red and a little burnt umber. The coal and ashes for the fireplace will be added. To place the fireplace, a piece of the wooden floor was removed and a fireplace border was made with stones. These still have to be treated in color. This will happen tomorrow after it is completely dry. Further processing of the bellows and the fireplace will also take place tomorrow.

8 Likes