T-34 with ZPU-1

Hello everyone! Here I start my first constructive “blog” (?). As usual, I got inspiration from a photograph of an unusual vehicle with some kind of AA use or mount, in this case it’s a T-34/85 hull with a ZPU-1 AA gun on the rear deck as seen in Beirut in 1982. Zack Vincent Sex’s model was also a great inspiration.
For it I’m using DML’s T-34/85 UTZ Model 1944 and Meng’s ZPU-1. This is my work so far:

T-34

The small turret has its shape and its welding lines, On the hull I already glued most of the parts and I’m constantly dry fitting accesories to check measures and general balance.
More soon!

10 Likes

I will be watching this for sure . Keep up the good work

1 Like

Do you have more photos of this vehicle?

1 Like

No Dan sorry, only this one and some from a walkaround of the base vehicle, PM if you want them.

Thanks for getting back to me

1 Like

Interesting looking T-34. I like the turret look.

1 Like

The hexagonal fixed turret indicates that the vehicle was a post-war ARV conversion that found it’s way to Lebanon at some point.

1 Like

Excellent stuff, a very interesting subject.

1 Like

You’ll find some pics of the ARV here :

http://www.maquetland.com/article-phototheque/13813-t34-arv-tyagach-kecel-hongrie

(don’t know if these pics are those Sebastian is talking about…)

H.P.

2 Likes

Nice find. Do we think the pipes on the rear deck are for mounting a platform for say the ZPU? Are the additional brackets on the front nose original parts or added later by the museum?

1 Like

The vehicle itself (the museum one) is ex Hungarian Army. The posts on the engine deck are almost certainly for a work platform or for stowage bins. This is a poor quality image so it’s unclear whether it’s a work platform or stowage bins. I think the image is from 1968 (Operation Danube)

2 Likes

Yes Frenchy!! Those are the ones or at least that’s the vehicle, I downloaded them years ago and lost the site.

I believe the pipes are for the box-like platform, yes, Don’t know about the brackets.

1 Like

Nice one John

Another blurry photo:

In 1/72nd scale :

H.P.

1 Like

Do you plan to add them?

Do you know if Zack’s build is online somewhere?

1 Like

I will add them yes, you can find some pictures of Zack´s model in his Facebook. PM me.

Update! Today I cut-off the parts from the T-34’s turret roof and dry fitted them on the new turret. Everything seems to go on its rails.

3 Likes

Hi there! What do you think about the big box behind the turret, wood or metal?