T-54/T-55 Campaign

How about one for the second half of this year into 2022? Start July 1 finish March 31 of next year, perhaps?

I was going to do a T-55 for the forgotten wars campaign but plan to switch to a T-54 from the Iran Iraq war. So I’ll have a T-55 to build. I might get another T-54. I definitely have my eyes on another T-55. I feel a bad habit forming.

I guess I should be a little more formal about requirements:

Proposed start: 1 July 2021
Proposed finish: 30 June 2022 (extended to allow folks to do miniart interior builds comfortably)

1. Any T-54/T-55/Type 59/Type 69, any scale, any timeframe.
2. Models can be stand-alone or in a diorama.
3. Enter as many as you like but each modeler will only get one ribbon (if we have ribbons by when it's over).
4. Models must be no more that 25% started at beginning of campaign and you must post at least one photo of where your kit is at the start of the campaign in the campaign thread.
5. At least two in progress shots of each model should be posted in the campaign thread and at least two finished shots in the campaign gallery.
6. Model cannot be one used in another campaign.
7. Oh yeah, have fun!

Here are folks who have expressed interest:
1 phil2015
2. Tank_1812
3. Armorsmith
4. Dan
5. Panzermodeler
6. RuloMxy
7. Low_Pass67
8. Klaus Adler
9. Dennisatautoloader
10. gtdeath13

We have 10!

4 Likes

I can join in the later quarter of the timeframe. :+1:

1 Like

Hate to break it to you but Iran-Iraq war T-54 are like unicorns, they don’t exist.

Just kidding!! If I wasn’t just finishing my T-54 up I would join in but I think I need a few sub 200 part kits to get some sanity back after tackling one of those full interior kits

I’ll be following this though I love the idea. The T-54 is one of my favourite all time tanks

3 Likes

C’mon, Mead! You know you’re going to be itching for another one second half of this year! Maybe try a Takom for comparison purposes?

2 Likes

Might just be m very first campaign.

1 Like

Very tempting

1 Like

Hate to break it to you but Iran-Iraq war T-54 are like unicorns, they don’t exist.

Aghhh Mead you beat me to that joke! :wink:

I guess I’m in!

1 Like

This is another one that falls into the maybe column for me depending on time, burnout and inclination. I do have a Takom T-55A which I could do but I would just have finished my MiniArt T-55 so not sure if I would want to do another T-55 so soon.

Maybe broaden the scope a bit? Like Soviet, Post WW2 - End of Cold war tanks. That would exclude anything from the fall of the USSR but would include the T-54/55’s as well as T-62’s, 64’s, T-72’s and early T-80’s but not T-90’s

1 Like

I am interested…

1 Like

McRunty, I take this suggestion seriously. If you get a couple of others to pile on to your request, I will amend the proposal.

(I am looking forward to the Zvezda T-62 that is supposed to come out this year:
T-62, Zvezda 3622 (2021))

1 Like

I can join

1 Like

New here, but I’d like to make this my first campaign. Got a NVA T-54 just begging to be built

2 Likes

Welcome, Low_Pass. Added you to the list.

1 Like

sounds interesting and i have that tamiya “enigma” kit in the stash so i’d run with that.

1 Like

giving this a bump to see if we can pick up a couple more…

2 Likes

I know I’m poking be beehive here with this question butttt, whats really wrong with the Lindberg T-55… everything is not a acceptable answer! :laughing:

Im only asking cuz I can pick one up for $10.

1 Like

This sounds great! I have some MiniArt tracks laying around that have to get used, count me in!

1 Like

I am in too… got some miniart T-54s and T-55s that could use some glue and paint on them. Starting with Tiran 4 Sharir early and late with interior. Also gonna build a Tamiya T-55 into a T-55AM2B Czechoslovakian Army with the Legend conversion and the correct fenders from Takom. Finally Egyptian T-54 and T-55 and maybe a Syrian one.

And hopefully by the end of the year Miniart will release their Tiran 5!!! :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Nice. We have 10! Hopefully an editor will notice and do what needs to be done…

1 Like

Think I might be on board also with ether a Somaliland T-54 or Albanian Type 59.