T-54/T-55 Campaign

Excellent!

If I get time, I may join in. I have the Tamiya Tiran 5 in the stash, with aftermarket tracks, Legend fuel tanks and possibly other stuff like etch that I forgot about since it has been in the stash for quite a while.

oohhhhhh noā€¦ maybeā€¦ Miniart T-54 full interiorā€¦ donā€™t think I can compete in the time frame but may well start it

I donā€™t recall all the issues but I think the big one in the barrel is centered and it should be offset. I admit I could be wrong on that point either way just build the kit as you have it on hand. Since you like contests only enter that kit in IPMS (Armor OOB is a the best category option for the kit) and not AMPS, you should be good to go. Oh and have fun. :+1:

Hmmm. There may be a few interior kits folks would like to do given that miniart has so many. Maybe I should make it a year long instead?

1 Like

I went ahead and extended it. Plan to start your builds from 1 July this year and wrap up by mid-year next year. Iā€™m looking forward to it.

Iā€™m really tempted, Phil!

I have enough T-54/T-55ā€™s from MiniArt and might jump in, but it wonā€™t be this year- Iā€™m already over-committed

Cheers,
Angel

Would anyone else be agreeable to the following amendment. Expand the campaign to include all Soviet cold war T series tanks?

I had initially suggested limiting it to a cold war timeframe i.e. anything from the start of the cold war to the fall of the USSR in 1991 but there are so many interesting modifications done in the last 30 years it would be a shame to ignore them. A possible change would be only vehicles (and their derivatives) designed and introduced during the cold war would be eligible? So pretty much the T-54/55, T-62, T-64, T-72 and T-80 would be ok but the T-90 would not.

I will be starting my Miniart T-54 thenā€¦ not guaranteed to finish it before the end of the campaign but a July 1st gives me a chance to finish off some of my in progress builds

the start date for this is approaching!

Hmmm. This and the Canadian campaign. I need to clear bench space.

Oh, man. This is always true. I have so many started projects right now. Itā€™s kind of weighing on meā€¦

This might be a silly question, but Iā€™m known for those, would a Tiran 5 be an acceptable entrant? Thanks in advance for the help, Joel.

Yes Joel. It was accepted previously - that is what I am building.

Thank you for the answer, Joel.

1 Like

I do believe I will jump in on this one .

1 Like

Welcome aboard.

1 Like

This will be my entry for the campaign.
The vehicle is derived from the SU 122- 45, which is also based on the T- 54 A chassis.
I know this is stretching the limits a bit , but it gives me a excuse to build this oneā€¦
Just ordered it and will be here on the 17th.

3 Likes

Iā€™ll leave it to the build moderator to give the OK, but I for one would love to see this built here Chris.

1 Like

@petbat . Who is the build moderator for this?