T-54/T-55 Campaign

Thanks for the comments, guys. Much appreciated. Good tip on the camo colors fading maybe using some filters. Will try it next time. :+1:t2:

All the text are decals included in the kit (venerable ESCI 1/35 kit). I had to look online to find out what was upside down of the text. :smile::smile:

Base paint (Iraqi version - 1991 Desert Storm) and hightlights are on.

Then decals (six - little effort!) and wash.

8 Likes

Looks good. I was there. I can still smell them burning.

Thanks Steven. No chance for these tanks in Iraq.

Progress on a holiday:

What a colorful gun :smiley:! And some dust and scratches added.

8 Likes

Nice rendition. Color adds a bit more interest. :+1: :+1:

That really looks good, love the color of the tank, what colors did you use?

Looks great!!!

I thought it was tape and white paint on the barrel tip!

Love the colour and weathering.

Hi folks,

we’re about a month out from the end of the campaign. How’s everyone doing? I think I’ll be able to finish mine, but I do need to get refocused on it.

Phil

I just need to scratch build the .50 cal remote firing mechanism and cables and the Israeli Tiran 5 will be done.

Thanks gentlemen for your commets! Glad you like it.

@bwilt I used our old friend Tamiya XF-60 for first layer. Then I added generous ammounts of white for highlights. For washes I used AK strike grime (for all vehicles) very diluted.

@petbat Exactly! White, tape and then X-8.

2 Likes

Okay, I’m calling this one done.

11 Likes

Very nice build, Peter!

1 Like

Very nice looking Tiran!!! :+1: :+1:

P.S. If you can choose the color of your display base try very dark (almost black) glossy green for IDF/single sand color vehicles. Makes them pop out even more.

1 Like

Very nice looking model indeed! :+1:

1 Like

Great work, Peter! Congrats!

1 Like

I´m calling my Iraqi Type 69 done!

Thanks for this great campaing!

7 Likes

That looks really sweet. I think I want one of those. How did you find the kit?

Thanks Phil!

I forgot to mention that this kit is really good. It has a high level of details and I had no problems whith the build. However instructions are not clear on some points and I had to search for images of the real tank. Of course, we need some patience with the tracks.

Thanks. I understand Takom is going to rerelease the t-55 family kits this summer, or at least that’s what I believe is happening based on availability at hobby-search…