T-54/T-55 Campaign

Thanks, I am using a brush. I considered a pen, but I think a brush approach will give better coverage and I know how the paint will react to weathering.

Good choice me thinks. Sometimes a sharpie type pen will turn a bluish color or allow the underlying color to bleed through. I’ll have to check my built kits but I may have done something similar a few year back now that I think about it. I’ll try to post some photos here if I did do one. Good Luck.

1 Like

Miniart T54… next few bits and bobs… added wheels (next up tracks and hopefully a “FINISH”

8 Likes

Nice look on the finish, Robert!

More progress - the black stripes are added. Not as tedious as expected :slightly_smiling_face:

12 Likes

Impressive!!!

1 Like

Thanks, Nikos :slightly_smiling_face:

Certainly catches your eye. Weathering should tone it down a bit. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

‘Ooh La la, zee is very French lookink…’

Very different Jesper. Very eye catching.

1 Like

Thanks for the comments, guys. I will be lightly dusted for that dry hills look for the Golan heights. I will also add some stowage in form of camouflage netting and wooden crates.

Have you painted camouflage with masks?

2 Likes

That’s striking! You hand painted the black separation lines? If so, I bow in your general direction…

3 Likes

i would have cheated and usex a black felt rip pen :rofl:

2 Likes

Thanks for the comments, guys.

I did not use any special masks, but covered the general areas with AK interactives reusable masking putty. The lines were hand painted. Not as bad or tedious as I expected. An hour to hour and half for the whole tank. Quite satisfied.

Next are some detail painting, the running gear and then weathering. I am going to try to use pastels to a great extent that I normally do. Hopefully I can achieve a dusty “Golan Heights” look.

3 Likes

Excellent Jesper! Great work!

Time is flying but we are still marching.

Turret complete. Tracks and wheels were painted and set on place.

It´s time for paint now.

Bonus track: I´ll show you my Revell 1/72 T-55A. When I discovered this GB, the build was very advanced so I couldn´t join with this model.

8 Likes

Beautiful model, Tomas. Looking forward to see more with the color on. Nice result on the revell kit. Nice details for the scale :+1:t2::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I am calling my Syrian T-55 from the 1973 war done. I am really happy with the camo.
Considered an overall green afghan T-55 first, but in the end could not resist the challenge of the unique Syrian camo.

I went for the look of a new but dirty/dusty vehicle. Sort of a Golan heights look :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks for a great campaign. Looking forward to see more entries :sunglasses::+1:t2:

15 Likes

Nailed it Jesper. That is excellent.

1 Like

What a beautiful model Jesper! Excellent work!

1 Like

Turned out great. :+1: :+1: Is the slogan a decal or hand painted?

One thing you might want to consider in the future when doing multi color camo is to fade each of the colors a bit with a lightened shade of the original

1 Like