T-54/T-55 Campaign

I think that would be me.

I’m fine with this and think it will be a great addition to the builds here. (I didn’t respond earlier because it seemed obvious to me it would be fine…)

@phil2015 Ahh thank you … I see the bribe arrived in time .

1 Like

@petbat we will see if I can keep from messing it up , and actually make it look the part. Honestly Im already thinking about base options. To my way of thinking if you put a predator in its natural environment it just looks better.

Chris, I have visions of those mine roller arms detaching due to handling without it being on a base. I put all of mine on a base to prevent breakages.

Maybe add a nice little crater between the roller and the track behind…

1 Like

I have some ideas floating around . we will see

1 Like

Just to be clear … Are we starting this campaign on the 1st . Also can I start early?

July 1st is the start date. At the very top of this thread are the rules for the campaign, where I stated that a kit can be no more than 25% complete at the start date, so you can start early, but don’t go too fast :-). (The rules are kind of a traditional set of rules, I just copied them from others, and you should be VERY SERIOUS about rule 7). Please post a start pic when you start and a pic on the 1st if you start before the first. And have fun! I’m looking forward to seeing your build.

1 Like

@petbat , I have been thinking about the roller arms and a base as you suggested.
It occured to me that I make a base called rocky pass that is based on a image from Afghanistan. It is tailor made for this

2 Likes

Sweet! That’s going to be perfect.

1 Like

@phil2015. It is a good starting point for whay i envision . Any decent base provides a good starting point. Or even a nice standalone .

That looks exactly like what you need. It will all look impressive when it comes together.

1 Like

if I thought I was mad doing the Wespe with a load of add-on PE and tracks, I will be building this for the campaign (a year should be long enough)… full interior T54-2 1949… I hope to be able to do it justice, some of the other interior builds I have seen is what are driving me on…

so far I have just opened the box and panicked… need to label all the sprues I guess before starting

2 Likes

@robw_uk . Check to see if the transmission is included . If not miniart makes one for that series of kits.

I can hardly wait for this one
… Im so excited .

It isn’t, isn’t but happy without

Here is my date and time stamp … It is time to open the bag .Couple days early , but I will never get more than 25% before the 1st.

1 Like

Here we go . My only question is what was I thinking with this one

The miniart kits are a slog, but you end up with a great result. Ill definitely need a break when I finish mine in two days or so.

1 Like

You were thinking, “This is WAY cool!” And it will be. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

1 Like

Yeah . I have done mini art before and have a system .
It was a poor attempt at humor…lol