T-54/T-55 Campaign

nice interior, may consider wiring up the engine a touch in case I leave the cover off…

1 Like

Thanks! If you aren’t going to leave the covers openable, then I’d consider leaving the engine out. It’s too nice a model of the engine to fill cover it up

1 Like

did think that… not 100% how I will have this “opened” - might go with removable roof like yours and open hatches

1 Like

I thought at one point of making workable by drilling kit the hinges and using a wire, so they could open and close. But I found it hard to get a drill I position to open the hinges. I’ll probably just glue the engine hatches open. The TC and loader hatches have a good friction fit on mine so they stay in place without glue. The roof I’ve just secured with a bit of white tack, so I can take it for whenever I want. Too much nice interior detail to leave it all buttoned up

2 Likes

the modular nature of the Miniart T-54-2 is taking shape. I am adding parts with same colour to main bits, then will paint other parts on the sprue before attaching… so need to work out how to pay 8,345 shells (or however many)…

the air pump(?) pipes broke in to multiple parts but are attached and hopefully wont be too visible

5 Likes

Thats looking good already

Would the Type 62 (light weight Type 59) fit in here? Have Trumpeter’s offering.

2 Likes

I think so. Reading the description of it, having never spent any time looking at it before, it sounds interesting - kind of a mini type 59. It would be an interesting to have a side-by-side shot of it and a type 59 kit too (just sayin’ :-))

1 Like

I am inclined to agree with Phil. It does seem that it would fit in here.

I’ve taken my tamiya enigma kit to work with me since 4his campaign has a long run time. once I had managed to get through all the plastic bags I got started, finally.

road wheels and drive sprockets complete.

3 Likes

I may be interested, i have an esci T-55 (A) M with a verlinden upgrade set.

@Klaus-Adler David how were your Roadwheels? Most of the ones on my Tiran had bad sink marks around the seam line area:

Not something I recall ever seeing on a Tamiya kit

2 Likes

@petbat Peter mine are fine, I don’t recall having issues with tamiya kits in thay way…possibly a bad batch that slipped past quality control?

2 Likes

Are you going to correct the wheels? Tamiya has grooves, they should be raised ribs. Easy enough fix with stretched sprue but a bit tedious I will admit.

1 Like

Someone did that on the old site for a Enigma build. Looked good but could get tedious after a bit.

Might have been me. This photo show the ribs to good effect.

4 Likes

While good looking, it was this one by Gary I was thinking of. The photobucket photos don’t show in the thread anymore :cry:. You can still see them in the search image for Enigma.

1 Like

since I am building this kit at work, I won’t really have the resources to do that but once I get home that might change.

1 Like

Miniart T-54-2 1949… progress…all still dry fitted. So far so good, just a couple of breaks but they are OK once in situ… really need to start painting - going to prime all grey, airbursh the large parts (sides/bulkheads/engine/floor) an dthen brush paint the detail…

1 Like

Well I have very little done so far but that will change soon