Tamiya Challenger 2 Op Telic, OOB

Ha! Thanks for the offer Greg, but the Chally makes a fine companion to the Berlin Chieftain on the old shelf! But if lockdown carries on here for much longer I may have to rethink that if I keep building at this rate!

Keep safe, J.

Finally have a neutral background for some pics. Unfortunately don’t have a proper camera so iPhone pics is as good as I can do. Hope you enjoy them!

Thanks, J.

7 Likes

Great finish and love the worn used look. Perfectly realistic and not overdone. Another winner and the perfect companion for the Berlin Chieftain.
Are the black strips around the Union recognition flag on top of the TI housing meant to be black masking tape holding it on… If so, genius touch :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks John,

Yeah I believe the flag is meant to be taped on, believe it or not that is how the kit decal comes!

And here are some pics I’ve been meaning to take for a while…

5 Likes

Then that’s quite a nice touch to of thought about that.
They look really nice side by side.
Well done on both. Great examples.

2 Likes

Very well done. Started on mine and will use yours as inspiration and reference.

1 Like

Beautiful job.

1 Like

Thanks guys. Looking forward to seeing what you do with yours DV. It’s a great kit,

Cheers, Jim.

An excellent job on two incredible beasts lol!

1 Like

Amazing work as always!

1 Like

Thanks Rich, Thanks Ezra. I’m really tempted to get a RFM Chally 2 and do the Berlin brigade scheme…

2 Likes

Trumpy do one with a dozer… You could go all out Streetfighter !!!
I was tempted to do Chally 2 Black Night until I saw how much scratch building the turret would need…

1 Like

I’ve heard the trumpeter one isn’t that great, I’m looking forward to seeing how the fella catsrcool gets on with his RFM and AA dozer blade.

Cheers, J.

1 Like

This is a very fine and precision.
It is very clean and shows the feature of Challenger 2 (in desert operation ), as present MBT.

1 Like

Many thanks Akio!

Another old build with a new one, although my “Iraqi t-55” could have been an adversary in 2003…

Thanks , Jim.

3 Likes

JIm,
Thanks new photo.
I think that they are friends, now.
T-55s and new Iraqi tanks are bravely serving as security forces in their nation

1 Like

It wouldn’t of been an adversary for long once the FIN round had left the barrel lol.

3 Likes

Yeah, a bit of a mismatch to be sure. And boy does the Chally dwarf the t55!

Thanks, Jim.

That is a great looking Chally. Thanks for sharing. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks Nikos, it’s my pleasure.