Tamiya M48A3 in progress

Good work on your m48,James,I’m most impressed by the lack of photo etch,which to me takes the artistry from the build

Almost forgot I will pm you tomorrow concerning the corrections on the ride hight

1 Like

A little progress while taking a break from 3D designing… Thought about 3D printing the AN/VSS-1 searchlight but simply decided to improvise the kit parts for this one. Plan to make its cover with aluminum foil.

Added my 3D printed jerry can holder though. :smiley:

Assembly is almost done…

7 Likes

Looking good. :+1:

Nice work :+1:

Nice build, looking forward to painting and weathering.

It looks really good. I finished it like this‘

13 Likes

Very nice paint and weathering.

Nice finish. More pictures would be surely appreciated. :wink:

Olivier

Beauty. I remember seeing Paul’s article “after” i had finished my M48 only to find out I didn’t lower the suspension, woops! Great work on this old work horse!

Nice Work !! ^^

Had to take a break from 3D CAD insanity and finally finished the assembly of the oldie. It’s ready for some painting before I put on the tracks.
Overall satisfied with the build - the aluminum foil-made searchlight cover has a little too much wrinkle than I had wanted but o, well… Didn’t get to incorporate many of my 3D prints b/c I started long before I went full in with 3D printing.

Kind regards,
James

10 Likes

Looking good. It’s great to see that you haven’t abandoned the ‘old school’ model building completely for digital modeling. :wink:

1 Like

She is looking good. :+1:

1 Like

Just realized that I had forgotten to put the hatch springs on it so got some copper wire and made them:

Now ready for painting [after I get through some more 3D print orders].

Kind regards,
James

8 Likes

Looking good. Looking forward to seeing it painted.

Very nice additions to this old kit. However your springs on the hatch are not long enough. They should run to the hinge.

Olivier

2 Likes

Thank you, Olivier for the photo! I knew that it didn’t look right. That should be a quick fix.

Kind regards,
James

OK, not exactly alike but it was the best improvement I could do w/out taking off everything. What do you think? :smiley:

8 Likes

It has the general concept without starting over. :+1:

1 Like