Tamiya Panzer II F/G 1:35

Very beautiful model, and I really like the trailer!

1 Like

I bought a Loctite super-glue specifically made for rubber and other flexible materiel, hopefully it will help me fix the track.

I just need to re-attach one of the tiny teeth that somehow came off. It was probably damaged by heat, or maybe it was chopped by the stapler.

Got the glue and managed to fix the tracks.

This glue was excellent, I even managed to re-attach a tiny track tooth which was severed by the heat.
Considering how clumsy I am, it was very effective, it was specifically made to glue flexible materials like rubber and leather, here it is:

I also mounted the tracks correctly this time, hopefully.

I’ll post a final picture next Sunday as I want to show it under natural lights, during the week I wake up too early and it’s already dark when I get home.

Finished.
Please do not be too harsh :wink:

Actually I am really happy with the final result, it was an enjoyable and easy work, and for once the tracks fit perfectly unlike the Zvezda ones.

Thanks everybody for the help and the feedback, this community is really great.

Photos are terrible, as usual, I hope you can notice the sand on the hull.

7 Likes

Bravo! For a kit over 50 years old, you sure got a lot out of her! A nice lightly used look for the finish.

Very nicely done!
You’ve made that tired old kit look first class. Outstanding!

That came out very nicely. Well done!
—mike

Looks really good. :beer: :beer:

Impressive! However, the treads don’t look like the ones in the kit, which have no interior detail. Did you add details or modify them in any way, or did you replace them? They look great!

Bill

Looks great, the rubber tracks are always a nightmare. I really like how brought out the panels are with the pin wash!

Thanks everybody.

William, the tracks are the originals from the box.
Heating messed them up, so I was forced to use stapler first, then switched to thread to hold them in place.

All I did was:

-Prime with Tamiya surface primer
-Paint them with Tamiya Dark Iron
-Lightly drybrushed with polished steel
-Wetted the little grooves with an extremely small amount of Vallejo pigment binder and filled them with light sienna Vallejo pigment
-Gave a little dusting with the same pigment on the interior of the tracks.

By the way, I started another thread for the Tamiya Sd.Kfz.233, here it is:

Tamiya Sd.Kfz.233

1 Like

Thank you for your response! I think that I will try your method.

Bill

Looks great! Nicely done weathering on the subtle side.

1 Like