Tamiya Pz.Kpfw IV Ausf. D (Beginner)

Looking great!

1 Like

Thanks! Haha. I’ll probably touch this thing up here and there over time… I think I’ll do this unboxed Tamiya Panther next. Will be interesting to see if it’s ‘easier’ now that I’ve taken care of some trial and error on this Panzer IV.

What’s interesting is comparing historical pictures with instruction diagrams and images on the boxes. Not always the same, and there was probably some variation historically, too (i.e. with equipment and decal/insignia placement). Also with decals, man that water tension is crazy, especially with small decals in tight spots, it seems you have limited time to get that thing straight!

‘Metallic grey’ paint was also interesting to learn about. Those metallic bits really like to hang out at the bottom of the pot, gotta shake or stir it up a lot to mix it. I didn’t notice that as much with, say, gunmetal.

Also, how do you mix your paint and thinner without wasting paint? I was just pouring both into a separate bottle, but there would be some paint lost i.e. running down the threads of the bottles while pouring. I got a little better at it over time, was just wondering if there was some trick folks used or if that’s just the nature of the game.

Either way, thanks for the encouragement!

Syringe (without the needle) or pipette? :tumbler_glass: