Tamiya's M551 Sheridan

Here’s my completed Tamiya M551. Only issue with the kit is the guy building it…other than that, fantastic kit. Used their aftermarket barrel / screens which really is a must have.

9 Likes

Very nice… especially with the figures!

—mike

1 Like

you’ve done a great job on that sheridan, did the accessories on the back of the turret come with the kit?

1 Like

No, they’re primarily from various other projects. Most of it are parts from the Legend M113 and M48A3 stowage sets.

Looks great, may I ask what paint/color you used? I’ve got a few post war vehicles to paint and I’m stressing about what color to use

It was AMMO by Mig’s Post-WWII Olive Drab

I have the kit in stash and the Barrel in the mail. Your looks great.

1 Like

Thank you, I’ll check their paint line out :+1:

1 Like

Beautiful job. The weathering is just right and the figures are outstanding.

1 Like

Many thanks for that

Very Nice job , the crew looks fantastic !

1 Like

nice! your figures look great, the TC’s features are very nicely portrayed and the loader’s (?) helmet looks better than any I’ve tried to paint, well done! I’m a huge fan of the Sheridan and hate that is has such a bad 'rep, I feel like it wasn’t deployed or used in a role it was best suited for . . .

1 Like

Nicely done, and I agree about the figures and the weathering of the vehicle - outstanding!
:+1:t3:

1 Like

Nicely done! What unit is this vehicle supposed to belong to? I see the cavalry guideon on the hull - maybe 11th ACR?

Tim

1 Like

Kit decals, but if I recall it’s a 25ID track (since I live in Hawaii, makes sense to do the local boys). Not sure what sub unit it is offhand

Roger that for the home boys! I just wonder if Tropic Lightning had any cav units back in the day. I suppose a search for a TO&E might reveal an answer.

1 Like

It should be marked for 3rd sqdrn 4th cavalry attached to 25th ID.

1 Like

Just looked that up…yup, 3/4 CAV 25ID.

1 Like