Tank Destroyers 2 Campaign Active

They are the same across several vehicle types. These may help you.

4 Likes

What did you search to find those pictures? I am trying to figure out how that metal bracket should be bent and I can’t find a picture that shows it clearly. I would need a top down or front in picture. The bending lines in the kit make the bracket have the shape of (1) below but (2) feels more correct

1 Like

I knew this type was fitted to many British tanks, and that they were all the same apart from the way they were fitted to the different tanks. So I searched for tanks I knew had them plus adding ‘walk around’ in the subject line brought up numerous hits eg “Comet Tank Walkaround”, “Cromwell tank walkaround”, etc. Generally, adding ‘Walkaround’ will give you more hits.

The handle is a simple U shape with the arms 90 degrees to the handle like your diagram 2. If you need to kink them, they are too long.

2 Likes

Looks like the bend lines on the kit were misplaced then. Thanks!

1 Like

Well… no thanks to Peter @petbat I have repainted (again) the wheels and barrel. :rofl:

A shot of the nice color variation Ive gotten.

It is a bit over weathered? Ooh 100% yes! But its all one huge color so I had to make it fairly interesting looking.

Decals should arrive tomorrow!

13 Likes

Looks amazing Ezra. Top work👍

1 Like

You are welcome. :japanese_goblin:

…and all those decals won’t? :rofl:

Looking good.

Well yea of course it will…
Im ashamed to say but I want it to kinda look like Matin Kovac’s Maus. :sweat_smile:

I know its highly inaccurate but I love all the color variation he has in it, it contrasts great with the white markings.

2 Likes

Great work, Ezra ! I am not sure it is overweathered - manufacturing will probably leave some dirt and grime here and there.

Looking forward to see more :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Out-freaking-standing finish Ezra! The tonal variations are beautiful and spot-on. You have dead nailed red oxide and that industrial grimy look. Fantastic job. It’s an eye-catcher now, the decals will make it more so. Excellent work, buddy.

outstanding work you’ve done there Ezra, I can’t wait to see it with the decals on.

I’d call it high contrast but not over weathered. That thing is going to stand out on your shelf though!

Looks excellent Ezra! Love the coloration on it and the two shells resting in the gun looks superb

Thanks everyone!

@Klaus-Adler you dont have to wait long.
These came in this afternoon and after a gloss coat and one small casualty I came out with this…

The cheap, very sketchy Chinese decals turned out really well! they were very thin and went on with almost no effort. Theres only a small bit of sanding needed.

One part of the huge decal disintegrated on me so I will have to buy the same decals again (wait 3 weeks :roll_eyes:) then re apply it.

In the meantime its trying to eliminate the small bit of film showing.

15 Likes

Nice Ezra. Pretty close to the original. Once you seal the decals and add some flat coat, it should tone down the carrier film. A very, very…very… thin wash of a matt dust colour would take care of any residual sheen.

Ezra, great work on the Elefant. The white stencilling is going to look really good against that red.

My Macchi for the Malta campaign is pretty much finished now, so I’ll be able to devote more time to this build soon enough.

1 Like

Looking really nice, Ezra. Too bad about the destroyed decal. At least the decals look very thin and seems to be settling very good.

Thanks for this picture Peter. There are not many reference with 3 columns of track hooks on the side walls of Jagdtiger… Most of them did not have the middle set of hooks …

My build is going on… completed first round of wash… This has reduced the newness a bit…

Thanks for watching and Have a Great Day

6 Likes

well, after a busy week away in northern Ireland, I’m now back and I have managed to lay down the first coat of paint, tamiya’s new xf-88 desert yellow.

7 Likes

Nearly done…

Very happy with this one. Especially the staining Ive gotten on the horizontal parts.

15 Likes