Tempo A400 Lieferwagen + E400 Hochladerpritsche

I’ve just stumbled upon this thread a few minutes ago. Cool little models and your progress is neat and clean

1 Like

Lovely work Torsten. I think my old ride on mower had a bigger engine that the Tempo!

1 Like

The Tempo A 400 had a 396 cc (24.17 cubic inches for the metrically challenged)
engine delivering 12.5 hp.

That lawn must have gotten mowed very efficiently :grin:

Yep… sure did.

2 Likes

I’ll be darned! Engine almost twice (1.88 times) as big
Must be designed to haul US butts around the lawn …

2 Likes

…or so Aussies could out pace the cane toads that tried to get away…

3 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

How many ways are there to make a cane toad croak?

I heard about making sausages from them …

You are only limited by your imagination… The RSPCA wants you to catch them in a plastic bag and freeze them - Who wants a dead toad in the freezer?

My wife’s cousin was looking after our kids one day (he lived with us for a couple of years before joining the army) and we came home one night to find him teaching our sons how to chip burning, lighter fluid doused toads into the dam using a sand wedge… apparently chipping them into the lit fire pit was not as spectacular as the streak of toad comet in the night sky.

3 Likes

toad

:upside_down_face:

1 Like

:astonished: :face_vomiting:
Waking up with a hang-over, stumbling past the living
room on the way to the kitchen, seeing that table …

1 Like

Good old Herman.

We used to run up there from the Barracks in Detmold as one of the routes on Sqn PT … Yes, I was chin strapped each time lol

1 Like

I never got around to visiting it until my 3rd (and final) posting to Germany; I was a pad by then so took my family there - all very impressive. I’m not surprised you were hanging by the time you got there - quite a trek upwards.

But it’s those almost spectral images I recall - probably because I was such a young soldier and everything was so new during my first posting - when we moved, normally early in the day or twilight in the evening where ever Corps Main was destined for, that made such an impression. It was all quite something to a young lad from a quiet Wiltshire village.

2 Likes

Thanks for looking, KSO! I visit your Shunting Loco Thread from time to time. Also nice progress there!

Peter, I found out that the E400 had a 2-stroke engine with 397 cc and 12,5 hp. The maximum speed was 50 km/h. The fuel tank had about 12 liters and the consumption was nearly 7 liters/100 km.
So you have a John Deere lawn mover? Is it also capapble to tow T-72 …? :rofl:

Just a quick update from tonight. Glued PE parts 12 and 13 to the hood. Was a bit tricky but as I said before, I’m no master for PE parts …

The number plate (also PE) is still missing and will be added later. More to follow soon …

Torsten
:wave:

4 Likes

I used to live on a larger acreage. You needed a decent ride-on mower to keep the grass down to try and keep the poisonous vermin away. The kids have all moved on, so I sold up the property (the buyer also bought the mower) and now live on a 600m2 ‘postage stamp’ . Using the ride-on here would be a little impractical (but fun!)

As to hauling a T-72… scale to scale with it’s full size brother, there would be no problem with the ol JD pulling a 1/9th scale T-72. I hauled out the neighbours mower from his dam one day (with him hanging on after attaching the rope). A branch fouled the throttle cable and he could not stop when he needed to… well that is his story anyway…

1 Like

Here is something to get your hairs to stand straight up:

2 Likes

Judging by the growl of the engine, and not to be overly vulgar - I am assuming we’re amongst friends here - I’m sure that a ride like that will make more than your hair “stand straight up”. That’s one mighty little mower.

And Sabaton, a new band for me, was pretty damn epic. Are they part of the Amplified History movement, with the likes of Heilung, etc.? Or just hard core rockers with a love, and pride, of history?

1 Like

Personally, I’d rather tool-around in the Tempo, but that’s just me.
put, put, put…

—mike :grin:

2 Likes

At least the Poms thought about safety - and it still has a cutting deck:

PS, sorry for hijacking the thread Torsten.

3 Likes

Yeah this surely rates as one of the weirdest threads ever – what are you guys ON? And where’s mine?

5 Likes

They started as heavy metal rockers and then drifted into telling military history using heavy metal.
Heilung and similar are modernising what they believe to be ancient or prehistoric music which is a different approach to it. Sabaton makes modern heavy metal about history,
the others make some sort of ancient/historic music with a modern touch.
Similar but different in many ways.