Testors Italeri 1/35 M47 Patton WIP

I photographed this one at Ft. Carson. It must have had an interesting history.

And this one at Ft. Hunter Liggett:

2 Likes

Dodged the bullet there! As did I and several others when one of my very tired Clerks went to refuel a paraffin (kerosene) heater - used to heat the HQ complex - and selected a petrol (gasoline) jerrican to do so. Luckily one of my equally-tired but eagle-eyed Corporals noticed it and punched him away from the stove.

Said Corporal took him outside the HQ and I believe punched him a few more times, just to drive home the message! I saw nothing.

And these were the good old days?

2 Likes

Monday and back in action with this one. I added some Archer raised resin decals casting marks to the turret and hull. We shall see how they look under a coat of paint soon.

Yeah, these are for a Sherman, but most likely only a M47 fanatic would know that they are not proper for a Patton

4 Likes

Funny, just got a notification from Archer today, that their Resin Casting marks for US tanks are available in 1/16th now too, and lamenting the fact that PSF isn’t one of them, that I could’ve used on my M41’s - cos I’d know…
Very nice work, by the way, looking fwd to the paint application.

Mal

Looking great. Can’t wait to see it with paint on.

@AfvAficionado, yes, I’m definitely going to have to get some more of these cast mark decals. If not for my multiple US armor kits still in the stash.

@HeavyArty , yes, I’m looking forward to getting som paint on also. Just a few more little things to do before then…

Well, another day, another update:

I found one more casting mark in some photos over the bow gunners position, so I added another casting mark decal. Some tanks had ‘em, some didn’t. But I figured why not for mine. And then later I created the dust cover for the mantlet using white glue and tissue paper.

So next I have to come up with all the little clamps that hold the dust cover in place around the edges…

2 Likes

Nice. I have similar job to do on my Chieftain, but with threaded nuts, both for main gun & RMG.

Mal

Thanks guys. I’m gonna try some strip styrene and see how that works for the clamps.

DEF Models has the resin/PE kit for the M47 mantlet cover. So far, all of my M47’s have the DEF set…a very ‘handsome’ look for the M47.

s-l500 (6)

1 Like

Great pics!

I depicted both versions of with and without, when it comes to my Jordanian M47 (left), and without on the Somalia M47.

Check this out folks! New metal barrel for the M47, by Aber!!

Fits both 1/35 Takom and Testors/Italeri!

35L-284 1

35L-284

2 Likes

Yesterday I finally got around to making the brackets to hold down the mantlet dust cover

Almost ready for paint now. I just need to add a couple of things first.

4 Likes

Looks great Carlos!

Thanks Richard. Once it’s all under paint it should look the part. I am so ready to get this one finished.

Got this one in my stash as well.
Looks like I got my work cut out for me. But you did a splendid job so far!

Can’t wait to see it with paint bro

Ron, if you don’t backdate the kit, or dress up the engine compartment, there is a LOT less work to do on the kit. It’s pretty good, “as is”.

Richard, I’m with you on wanting to get some paint on this ASAP.

Aside from adding the tracks and some antennas, basic construction is now complete. I replaced the kit .50 for the TC, with one from Dragon out of my spares drawers, and added the last few bits.

Painting can begin tomorrow…

5 Likes

Looking good. Can’t wait to see it painted.

Ditto twice (10 letters limit)

Mal

I airbrushed on a coat of Humbrol enamel Matt Black for the base coat

And a couple close ups of the added armor texturing and Archer casting mark decals under the base coat paint. I think that they look pretty good

Good guys wear black…

7 Likes