Testors Italeri 1/35 M47 Patton WIP

Definitely (not defiantly) captures the look.

Mal

Thank you Mal. This sure is looking like a M47 now.

Very convincing cast texture. Good to see the M-47… now i have images of it being in Dk. Gray and hearing Col. Hessler telling them to "get that tank off the road (an m-24) from the movie “Battle of the Bulge”. Now the songs in my head…hahaha.

Love your work, keep it up!

1 Like

Lol! Thanks Buddy! Now go watch panzerlied on YouTube and enjoy the tune :wink:

It’s funny how seeing one of these in overall dark colors brings that movie to mind.

Looks great so far Carlos

Thank you Richard. I’m ready to start on the OD now. Let’s see if I can make my vision happen.

Can’t wait to see it

Woohoo! Olive Drab applied! I used Mission Models FS 33070 version of OD on this one. In all honesty, the more that I airbrush Mission Models, the less that I like them. Maybe it’s the dry climate here, but I get far better control and results with most every other brand. Anyways….

and some close ups of the casting texture and marks decals under the paint

More to come in a few days…

10 Likes

Very gnarly looking - that’s a good thing.

Mal

Looks awesome Carlos!

Mal & Richard, thanks guys. I’m much happier with it now having a coat of paint on.

I hate to point out the moldseams on the grabhandles…

1 Like

No worries at all… I see them in the photo, but with the naked eye, I really can’t see them… amazing how digital photos can do that!

2 Likes

This looks awesome @Stikpusher

Slacker :joy:!

@metalhead85… sometimes…

@RonW… I went and took care of those mold lines this morning. I thought that I’d gotten them all before I glued the handles on… apparently not well enough.

@Gregory_J_Copplin, thanks you sir. Glad to hear that you like it so far.

2 Likes

I love it man @Stikpusher

Can’t beat Tamiya paint but AK comes close

1 Like

I tried Tamiya paints and they weren’t good.

Tried them how? Tamiya paints are perhaps the most forgiving brand to airbrush, but you can’t brush paint them worth a damn.

2 Likes