Testors Italeri 1/35 M47 Patton WIP

Thanks guys! I am so ready to get this area wrapped up, painted, and installed.

1 Like

So today I finished the final bits of work in the engine compartment. Using a jeep engine, I turned it into a two cylinder auxiliary motor

then I added the lead line for it, and the compartment fixed fire extinguisher nozzle and feed line

so now the power pack has gone from this

to this

painting to take place over the next few days…

12 Likes

@Stikpusher Carlos, the engine compartment is looking so fantastic one can smell diesel fumes!

Thank you Wade.

Now comes the fun part of painting… :astonished:

Outstanding bro

The engine compartment looks great. Very nice.

Richard and Gino, thank you.

And the painting begins. Today I airbrushed on a coat of gray Tamiya primer overall followed by Tamiya white primer on the areas that will be white. I’ll let it dry overnite, then start actual painting tomorrow.

9 Likes

Looking great!

Thanks. Now comes the fun part… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Looking great.

Great job so far stik

wow, great job, that engine compartment looks great, unfortunately in my Italeri’s M47 I have already painted the engine compartment and I can’t get my hands on it, otherwise I would have copied everything, outstanding

Well Lucio, you could always buy and build another. :wink:

2 Likes

I’ve got all the base colors on the power pack now. Just need a wash and then I can install it and get the hull assembly completed.

8 Likes

BTW, does anyone here remember what color the battery cell caps were on the OD batteries? I can’t remember for the life of me.

That looks great! With a wash it will look superb.

1 Like

That looks very nice. I don’t think I’ll go as whole hog as you did when I do another one, but I do wish I’d opened more louvres when I hade the chance.

No caps visible on these M88 batteries, which are probably close. Definitely closer than the ones I have for the Abrams.

Ah, before it’s too late: All photos I have of Continental engines show the fans in matte black and the engine top in white. One example:

6 Likes

Thank you Ezra and 18B! I sure do appreciate those photos. Too bad that the battery caps did not show up. I’m not too worried about the colors of the engine top, as that area will not be visible on the kit. I’m not doing any surgery to open that area up as well.

Wash on and cleaned up, then power pack installed.

and what will be visible…

Time to get this one moving forward past this stage.

10 Likes

Looking great. Too bad all the vents/covers are not removable, a lot of your excellent work is hidden.