Testors Italeri Marder III H Shelf of Doom Reprieve

Thanks Johnny! At least it’s taking final shape now…. At long last!

2 Likes

I really want to build one of those. The camouflage looks great.

1 Like

Love the camouflage. Very nicely done. :smiley:

2 Likes

@Damraska, @SableLiger,

Thanks guys! I have started some of the weathering and should be getting this one wrapped up soon…

Doug, if you do get yourself a Marder III H, I suggest getting one of the other available kits, Dragon or Hobbyboss/TriStar, since they include much of the interior detail missing on this kit. Since this is open topped, unless you put a crew in there the empty space is noticeable.

3 Likes

Thank you for the information! According to ScaleMates, Hobby Boss will release this vehicle in the future, using the TriStar mold, so I will wait for that one.

2 Likes

Excellent save Carlos! Great build and that camouflage is outstanding.

5 Likes

Carlos, looking fantastic! A+++

The TriStar kit is pretty incredible. That or a Hobby Boss re-pop would be pretty sweet.

Won one in a raffle long ago and was amazed at what was in the box.

3 Likes

Thanks guys. I should have more time to make some progress on this tomorrow. :crossed_fingers:t3:

2 Likes

Today was a case of airbrush, airbrush, and more airbrush… on this project I had recently applied a wash, and then cleaned it up… Today was airbrushing on a coat of flat clear

next up is final stowage and final weathering, plus I still need to add the radio antenna

11 Likes

Wonderful build and paint Carlos, great to see this one getting completed to such a high standard…

3 Likes

Your finishing is spot on. I really like the look of this one. The weathering on the wheels and tracks is excellent.

2 Likes

Excellent job on that old kit
:+1:

2 Likes

Thanks guys! I just need to add a few bits of stowage, the radio antenna, some dust, and then I can call this complete.

1 Like

Today I got the stowage glued into place one the Marder

I should have this one all wrapped up within a day or two…

11 Likes

Love all things Panzer 38t!! You did a cracking job! The camo looks great

I’ve got the hobby boss rebox of the H and M in the stash as well as the Tamiya Marder III with the Russian gun. The hobby boss ones are amazing. I built the Tristar flak panzer I a while back and it was great! I imagine the marders will be even better!

3 Likes

Thanks Mead. I have never bought or built the Tristar/Hobbyboss kits, but they sure do look to be outstanding. I have the two Tamiya 38t Marders, and one of these days I’ll get around to them. I’d like to add one of the 38t Flakpanzers to my collection.

1 Like

I have the hobby boss flak panzer 38t, great looking kit in the box!

1 Like

Your Marder looks great. There are some on this site who think we build these old kits to save money. Hardly. They will never understand why we do what we do. Apologies, Hoot, from Blackhawk Down.

5 Likes

@Mead93, I’ll keep that in mind when I pull the trigger on getting the Flakpanzer 38t. :wink:

@18bravo, thank you sir! One of the guys in my old AMPS club asked me if I ever build any kits made in this century…. probably at least half of my stash was bought before the new tool replacement kits came out. And I did buy all of them with the intent of building each one so… I will carry on to the objective. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I have great fondness for old models, especially those from Italeri. In the period from 2005 to 2010, I purchased a bunch of them–M3A1 Scout Car, M24 Chaffee, M32 Tank Recovery Vehicle, M47 Patton–along with many update sets. Dressing them up was really fun even though none ever crossed the finish line.

From 2010 to 2022, when I was out of the game, all of those models were superceded. However, I still have great admiration for anyone who can take an old kit and build it to a high standard. It requires a lot of effort and research.

I came very close to purchasing an old Italeri Marder III H because of this thread, even though I know the TriStar Marder III H is better.

There is part of me that wants to undertake more challenging projects like the one in this thread and push personal limits. There is another part that wants to build easy, modern models and rack up wins. That will probably remain true until the day I die.

5 Likes