The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

Looking closer at the pilot. It is actually quite crisp details for a 1/72 pilot. Well done, Revell.

6 Likes

He’ll look really good under some paint.
It looks a lot like the pre-painted snap-kit they did years ago. I did one when it first came out, only thing I did was to weather it with some washes.

1 Like

Just wondered what it will look like with a bit of colour added against the sea of grey …

6 Likes

Looks like a pair of space going snakes…

2 Likes

Less of the snakes if you please lol…

Dry fitted to remove the doubts about snakes or other serpents …

Masking will commence tomorrow…

8 Likes

Why Did It Have To Be Snakes Indiana Jones GIF - Why Did It Have To Be Snakes Indiana Jones Snakes GIFs

3 Likes

Having noticed that my

has room for at least one more model:

If it’s acceptable as quasi-cannon, I’ll have a crack at the Saladin Class USS Alexander (1/1000) with a mid-life refit.

I’ve never been too thrilled with the deflector dish hanging from the primary hull so I ordered a 3D printed “neck” with a mount for the deflector. It’s in the centre of the first picture.

Let me know if it fits the campaign.

Cheers,
Colin

PS With 11 months remaining, I might even finish this one. :grin:

7 Likes

That will be a good one. The Polar Lights kit is great for conversions and kit bashing. Agree with you about the deflector dish. It always looked like it was an afterthought hanging off the bottom.

Welcome Colin, and it looks like a decent build as well. Not really heard much about that class or seen much either. will be good watching it get built up.

Wow, that looks so odd. Plan view it looks like frying an egg.

1 Like

Scout looks about the same.

I like the Franz Joseph designs from the old Star Trek Technical Manual. I actually have a full set of them in 1/3788 scale for the old Star Fleet Battles game (1982).

2 Likes

In the Technical Manual the Scout Class and Destroyer Class are identical, only differing in the number of phaser banks. I chose the destroyer for the name.

I played the same SFB game at the same time and still have it in a box in the basement. We had a very active gaming club in university (board games - the type with hex maps/paper, miniatures games and RPGs) and it’s hard to part with so many good memories: both the gaming and the inevitable trek to the campus pub after getting hand cramp from filling in way too many damage control boxes :grin:. Obviously needed to re-hydrate.

@petbat A frying pan? Really?

“He is intelligent, but not experienced. His pattern indicates two dimensional thinking.” - Spock :rofl:

Cheers,
Colin

1 Like

Yep :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

7 Likes

You wound me. Disparaging my build (and the most revered Star Trek) before it’s even begun. Is nothing sacred? (inset emoji for stunned disbelief)

Cheers,
Colin

P.S. Love the graphics. :grin:

3 Likes

Have no fear, this is likely the only disparaging of your build that will occur. I am actually looking forward to seeing it built.

2 Likes

Well after seeing Star Trek and Star Wars represented, I changed my mind from the Star Destroyer to the Raptor from the re imagined Battlestar Galactica, so BG could get some love also.

I will be starting with this kit. It is based off of CGI scans, as only one rough mock up of the Raptor was built for the hanger scenes, and the interior was mainly CGI also in the close up hanger shots.(Kudos to Jackson Brothers Hobby Center in Clearwater Fl., I actually found this on their shelves at MSRP last week, with others going online for over $200.00 if you can find one.)

I am going to replace the pilot seats in the ship because they look like this…

with these, even if it is not screen accurate, I hate the look of the plain seats, both here and in the series.

I found this Aztec Dummy mask to help out with the painting…

I am planning on not using the crew from the kit, as they are pretty poor looking, I am going to make a diorama with these Raptor Pilots…

on this base…

with some of these screen accurate resin storage boxes…

at least that is my plan.

So Say We All.

7 Likes

Look at what you guys made me do! LOL. I’ll be going way out of my comfort zone putting this one together.

6 Likes

Great kit, I have built him already.

And so say we all … :+1: Excellent entry with the raptor and some very nice looking extras to go with it

Very cool idea with the A10 ejectors…the kit seats do look pretty poor… And on a Dio as well… Very nice …

Really good to see BSG has arrived :+1::+1:

Nice Reynier, that will look cool… Some interesting colour variations on it so will be good to see… And the weathering… Good choice and looking forward to seeing you build him up

1 Like