The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

Okay, calling the X-Wing itself done. Closest thing to an aircraft I have built in decades.

Finally added all the greeblies to the base. I am positive that it took twice as long as getting the x-wing to this stage. I’ll get some paint on that this week.

And the base/stand. Have fun identifying the donor model bits!!!

The R2D2 comes in the kit. You have two domes, one for this and one for in the back of the X-Wing:

11 Likes

Looks good. The colours on the R2 are a nice touch.

Cheers,
Colin

3 Likes

Excellent build Peter… The X wing has come out terrific… You really nailed it and those extra details took it up a few levels combined with the final finish … The base is a great touch as well… Done in true Star wars fashion… Looks amazing :+1::+1:

4 Likes

Thanks guys.

2 Likes

Great job Peter, as good as the X-wing is the base is next level and in the spirit of SW. :+1::+1:

3 Likes

Great work on the X-Wing Peter. Very different looking finish to the original, but still looks like it belongs.

Did some weathering on the Botany Bay today. I used Mig’s black panel line wash. I added a little thinner, but I’m starting to think that might not been a good idea as the pigment has separated a little.

I’ll give this a night to dry and then add a few micro-meteriote impacts with black weathering powders. Trying to recreate the look of it being adrift for a couple of hundred years before the Enterprise came across it.

9 Likes

Looks pretty good there … Built up very nice in the end

3 Likes

Thanks, John it’s a nice little kit. Definitely one to build if you can find the boxing of the Enterprise that includes it. Makes a good addition to a Star Trek collection. It’s small, but an important part of the story.

Well, I’m going to call it done for now. I might touch up a few areas and definitely need to do something with the base, but for to finish off the campaign she’s done.

The DY-100 Class Sleeper Ship S.S Botany Bay, launched in secret in 1996. The ship carried Khan Noonien Singh and his genetically enhanced followers after their defeat during the Eugenics Wars. The ship would remain adrift in deep space until it’s discovery by the USS Enterprise in 2267.

It’s been a great campaign with some brilliant builds.
Thanks for hosting.

8 Likes

Excellent finish Stephen. Those final touches and bits on the tail combined with the wash have made the BB a real winner. Lovely work on an old ship.

2 Likes

Thanks John. I thought the gold around the solar panels worked well for both the colours seen on real space vehicles and with the TOS retro colours. The blue was metallic Aotake. Both from Gunze’s range. The gold was a devil to paint. Very thin and dried quickly. Needed a couple of costs but it has a really nice bright, shiny finish.

4 Likes

Well a few hours to go before the deadline (depending on your time zone hint hint ) Will sort the list out for those who have completed in a day or so … Some great builds been done here with some exceptional finishes … Well done chaps and great efforts from all of you :+1: :+1:

4 Likes

Well a few hours to go before the deadline (depending on your time zone hint hint )

Well, it’s quarter past the witching hour here in the U.K. as I start typing, but that’s because I have trouble fixing pictures with the tools on my PC. You may recall some time ago I submitted a Trade Federation Tank for this Group Build; alternatively you may have had a sanity-saving memory lapse. It has had some changes since, not necessarily for the better. I grabbed some cheap watercolour pencils to see if I could use them as an alternative form of filter rather than oil-paint dots. Fortunately I experimented on the underside… I never found the missing bit and broke a couple more. Here it is as completed earlier yesterday evening; I didn’t get round to making a crew figure to give a better sense of scale (1:48th - 1:50th). So with the usual reminder to have a vomit-proof cover on your keyboard, here we go:

Cheers,

M

10 Likes

Dang! This makes me want to go strip mine down and start over.

2 Likes

That looks cool in the green. Very different to the usual tan version from Phantom Menace.

@brekinapez thanks. How did you do yours?

2 Likes

While I was waiting for everyone else to finish after my Excelsior I threw this together to give the K’Tinga a friend:

Needs a finish coat and a couple of tweaks.

Must say that I got super lucky with the K’Tinga decals which went down with no issues, but just about every other Trek kit I have bought has had some of the worst decals I’ve ever dealt with.

10 Likes

I was looking for a pic but apparently didn’t take a separate one, but mine is basically a medium gray with some streaking in various pigments to simulate ‘space dust’ but I did not do any markings or enhance the solar panels at the rear.

I was basically going for the ‘fuzzy gray ship on my cheap TV’s screen circa 1966’ scheme.

3 Likes

Those are really nice. I have to admit I’ve always liked the aggressive designs of Klingon ships. Looking forward to getting the reissue Bird of Prey. I did the original Generations boxing about 20 years ago. Remember it being a lot of fun to build and paint.

2 Likes

The Botany Bay came out sweet Stephen. The little colour touches look great.

Too hard on yourself Tom. I like the finish on the Armored Assault Tank.

3 Likes

Both of those look lovely … agree with what Stephen mentioned, they do have a real aggressive look to them … great finishes on both as well …

2 Likes

Thats a really nice colour on that Assault Tank Tom… you are selling yourself short there … great job mate :+1:

2 Likes