The Big 3 Universes - Star Wars-Star Trek - BSG

The “Refit” was never seen on TV, it’s a “What if” that might have been used if the series had continued beyond the point it actually ended.

Regards,

M

Thanks for that information, I kept racking my brain (yes, lots of smoke) on when that was used in the show. The ISS version was used, correct?

1 Like

Good choice.
Interesting to see what the extra refit parts are.
I’ve got the first boxing and it has a different deflector dish and decals for the Columbia, but don’t remember any refit parts.

Different nacelle parts and the addition of a lower hull.

1 Like

Ah, so it gives it a Constitution-Class look.
That’s interesting. I might see if I can pick one of these up. Wonder if a light grey paint rather than metallic would work with it?

1 Like

Here is the decal scheme which shows it better.

Cannot hurt to try the grey paint scheme if you can find a cheap kit.

1 Like

Yeah I’m thinking it might tie in with the TOS colours. Does it have red stripes on the secondary hull and nacelles?

Promised I wouldn’t buy anything and now I see another exciting project!

1 Like

Yes, decal stripes for both.

1 Like

If you have a Walmart nearby they are stocking Round 2 for Christmas again and they have some. I was considering getting another to build the alternate version myself.

Where at, the wife is dragging to Wally May today?

1 Like

Sometimes in the toy department but this year they set up a big cardboard display near the electronics department. Not well marked as Round 2 but it is immediately obvious what it is, being full of model kits and all.

I’m hoping they add a few more kits to the mix before the holidays start in earnest seeing as I already have all the ones I want from the current selection.

1 Like

Thanks I will check it out. :+1:

Not all stores seem to have them. I have two locations near me but the older, smaller store doesn’t have any yet.

1 Like

Cool! Already thinking of some ideas for this.

Just hope I can find one for a reasonable price. Round 2’s stuff seems to be very expensive over on our side. I sometimes see posts about how cheap Walmart sell them and makes me wonder what’s going on. The average price for the 1/1000 kits is around £40-£50 depending on where you shop. Some of the bigger ones are a lot more. Seeing the 1/1000 Defiant going for that money, a kit which is SMALLER than the NX-01, is ridiculous. Somewhere along the supply chain, someone is making a lot of money and the UK modeller is out pocket.
I’m just glad I got so many years ago before the prices shot up!

1 Like

I did not find any, oh well.

I suspect increased shipping rates are factoring in, as I’ve noticed the latest Revell car kits showing up at Hobby Lobby are about $10 more than they were this summer.

Stuff out of China is still cheap but then you have to wait about 3 months for it to arrive and as the world scene is getting a bit dicey I am trying to avoid any overseas shipping at the moment.

The cost has definitely gone, I also suspect HM Customs is charging a lot more on imports both for business and private.
Until a few years ago I could get a lot of stuff cheaper from the states than here, even after factoring in postage. Most of the time it slipped through without being noticed. These days they’re a lot hotter and a few things I’ve had from abroad have been held ransom. Usually if stuff less than about £25 it’s ok.

It is what it is. I’ll shop around and keep my eyes open. I’ll find one eventually.
Till then I’ve got plenty. One of the projects I keep meaning to do is a TOS-style Kelvin.

1 Like

It was. My reception was on the fritz for the whole of the last (couple of?) series “Enterprise” was on terrestrial so I don’t have any references, but I think the only difference was the Terran Empire markings.
The second of the Mirror Universe episodes also featured ISS Avenger NX-09, which was destroyed. So in theory you could do “Refit” versions of ISS NX-02 through NX-08…

Cheers,

M

Hello everyone, after I finish my model in the IDF campaign/ group build, I think I will be building the 1:2700 Zvezda Star Destroyer.
I have had it in my stash for awhile…figure it would be a good time to build it.

5 Likes

Great to you join in with this one. I will be following your build closely as it’s one I have been thinking of getting as well :+1: