The eternal Voyagers - HASEGAWA´s Voyager Space Probe 1:48 scale

Terry I know what you mean; I could insert a small acrylic rod inside to improve threngh

This would actually work but the rod will be visible inside if someone looks carefully. I chose to go another way. I finish the Voyager first completely and fix it onto its socket before I finally add the magnetometer antenna. Hope this works :sweat_smile: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

3 Likes

I painted quite a lot of Voyagers details which was not complicated as the colors are overseeable

I especially liked the nuclear battery. The etched surfaces from Eduard for it are looking very convincing now after I applied an carefully executed drybrush with light grey acrylic color

Finally I build the new magnetometer antenna. This one will stay until every step is done at Voyager before I glue this on in a final step :face_with_peeking_eye:

Cheers

Thomas :wave:

5 Likes

Looking great Thomas… And guard that new magnetometer with your life !!

@Johnnych01 : For sure John :saluting_face: :smile:

1 Like

Great to see your Voyager build back.
It’s looking really good.

1 Like

Stephen I am also glad I finally got another etched set for the antenna and be able to finish this build soon :blush: :raised_hand_with_fingers_splayed:

Painted some details (white seams from the special black fabric covers and lenses for the cameras) and attached the very last part before the magic magnetometer antenna - the famous golden disc :coin:

Up to the last round :running_man: :wave:

4 Likes

Fantastic detailing there… And you get a good idea of its size new you can see it being held. It’s a lot bigger than I expected :+1:

The painting is looking very nice. Great job :+1:

1 Like

Gentlemen, the voyage (at least mine building the Voyager) is over: I´ve luckily finished the project today without any harm happened again to that @&%& Magnetometer antenna again :sweat_smile: . I´ve fixed the probe with its socket with a plexiglass rod bended as needed in boiled water.

These are the final pictures of my Voyager:

It was an very interesting modelling episode and an instructive lesson in space technology history. It ist still impressive to know there is a human made space probe which is still partial active since over 45 years now.
At the beginning of my build there were incoming strange signals from Voyager 1 which were in the meantime identified by an defective attitude articulation and control system" (AACS). The problem could be solved already once again: Obviously the system did sent to an old offline board computer instead towards the active one. This could be rectified from the earth, now “normal” datas can be received again from Voyager. Why the signals were send suddenly to the old board computer remains unclear.

A signal to the more than 23 billion kilometer distant Voyager 1 needs about twenty hours until it reaches the probe. Another good twenty hours goes by until Voyagers answer reaches us. And the journey still continues…

I would like to thank you for watching my little excursion into deep space, staying with me and keeping me up during the mishaps and your always appreciated comments.

Over and out :artificial_satellite: :wave:

Thomas

11 Likes

It’s a sobering thought that this man-made artifact has the potential to last longer than its planet of origin, the Sol system, or even creators…
:anguished: :wrench::robot: :mechanical_arm: :radioactive: :biohazard: :dodo: :headstone:

Regards,

M

Great finish Thomas and it looks very impressive… Lovely work and a nice display :+1:

I remember when that happened and it was hard not to draw a comparison with Star Trek TMP. V’GER seeks the creator!

Anyway, absolutely fantastic work. Really glad you were able to salvage it. It’s a beautiful display piece and the base works really well.

Thanks for sharing this Thomas - beautiful work on something unusual. I enjoyed watching it come together.
Cheers- Richard

I like this very much Thomas @Black_sheep, this makes a nice display and the base gives it a professional appearence. I can’t help but wonder how NASA got this contraption stuffed into a rocket and launched into space, very cool. :alien:

Cajun :crocodile:

Thomas, this came out great. May I make a next space craft suggestion?

It will be a hit :joy:

2 Likes

Doug nice idea but until now there´s no kit descending visible at the horizon :telescope:. And the danger of getting shot down is also very high :grin:

True, but I don’t think it will be ver hard to scratch build. At least, you will have run start with this…

IMG_6647