The Last 24 hours

Hoping that all goes well for you. Getting older is definitely not for the faint of heart.

Cheers,
C.

Get well soon, Joel! So sorry youā€™re dealing with this issue.

Getting older isnā€™t for wimps or sissiesā€¦

Tom

1 Like

Just came by this post, Joel.

That really sounds bad and Iā€™m so sorry to hear about another health issue. My thoughts are with you and I really hope that you can get over all that. Itā€™s not your time yet to take your seat at The Eternal Work Bench. Please give also my best wishes to your wife for her surgery.

Stay strong, my dear friend!
Torsten

Hopefully the location of the blockage is in your neck (carotid artery). Not very deep to get to.
Best wishes on a speedy and complete recovery!

My Mom had hip replacement surgery at age 90. They incised through the front which greatly decreased the healing time. She had been in a wheelchair and in much pain. After the surgery, she was walking right away with zero pain.
Best wishes to your wife!

Damn Joelā€¦ Sorry to hear you are going through all that especially after already having dealt with a serious heart issue prior. Hope they can get that issue fixed for you and pronto. Best wishes!

Jim

That is some serious stuff. It is good to see you trying to look at the bright side of this. You are being a real trooper about it. Prayers and well-wishes that this all goes well. Way too many models to build so you need to stay around for that and keep the rest of us in line

1 Like

Hereā€™s something to cheer you up Joel, some classic Heritage Touring Car action from Mount Panorama!
Bathurst Heritage Touring Cars 2015 - YouTube

Not sure if this will open up for you, but I also found a few minutes of in-car camera action from the JPS BMW at the same meet!
(1) Watch | Facebook

And a few laps in the ā€œGodzillaā€ Nissan GTR
Facebook

Cheers, D

So sorry to hear about this Joel.
Here I am, with a broken foot, feeling sorry for my self, but a broken foot is indefinitely insignificant compared to what you are facing, at the moment.

My thoughts are with you.

Thanks guys.

Iā€™m just amazed at the constant support that Iā€™m still getting.

Jasper,
So sorry to read that you broke your foot. Hoping that it heals quickly and perfectly.

D,
Thanks for the link. Iā€™ll be watching those classic touring car races at Bathurst, which is one tough track. In sim racing I still truly suck going up that mountain at speed. Will be watching the other two vids as well.

joel

Gee Joel, rotten news all around. Take care and look after yourself and your bride. Thatā€™s what matters most. Since my heart attack, Iā€™ve started making sure I walk every day, my goal is 7000 steps, about 3.5 miles. Some days are harder than others. When the strength and patience return, get back to modeling, the mental exercise will keep you young. :wave:

2 Likes

Mark,
thanks for the support, itā€™s greatly appreciated.

I must have walked that much if not more everyday at work, but since retirement I doubt that I walk nearly that in a weekā€™s time. Going to my Dr tomorrow and will bring up walking or should I wait till the blockages are gone or under control.

joel

@Joel_W , hereā€™s some Bathurst classic Blue Oval V8 noise for you :sunglasses:

Facebook

Cheers, D

D,
Now thatā€™s some vid for sure. The Ford V8 has a magnificent sound to it as itā€™s going up hill at Mount Panorama/Bathurst. Loved the mix of cars/eras/classes that the mountain just equalizes.

Iā€™m still a active auto sim racer, but mostly off line these days as I canā€™t really keep up with the younger hot shoes out there. I drive Bathurst in two sims: Assetto Corsa Competizione and RaceRomm Racing Experience in GT3 & GT4 cars, and all I can tell you is that this is by far the hardest track to be competitive at. Up hill is hard enough at speed, but down hill requires the Jim Clark touch. Mostly itā€™s follow the leader up and down the hill with passing on the top and the long straights. All I can say is that the guys who race there in the Aussie Super V8s are Aliens for sure with reflexes and the eyesight of a Cat, coupled with nerves of Steel.

joel

PM sent - check your inbox

@Joel_W , another one for you to enjoy, turn it up loud mate!

The big old Camaro reels in the XY GTHO down the straight then sets about chasing down the Pony in the distance. Gotta love the big V8 roar!

Watch | Facebook

Hope you are improving.

Cheers, D

1 Like

D,
Loved both laps in those classic American V8s at Bathurst. I was just amazed at how early they brake and coast nearly half the time down the hill. Like I said, i race on Assetto Corsa Competione GT3 and GT4 cars, and Bathurst is one of the tracks. About the hardest overall track Iā€™ve ever raced on with the exception of Sarthe (LeMans). But we attack the hill up and down much harder. Then again look at the difference in the cars. A GT3 car is a real race car from the ground up with 6 speeds, while the American cars started life as showroom stock cars with just 4 speed trans, and theyā€™re super heavy. Still itā€™s amazing how they handle the hill in both directions.

Thanks for posting that link. I loved it.

joel

How are you and the wife doing? We havenā€™t had an update recently. Here,s hoping things are improving.

1 Like

Greg
Weā€™re hanging in there. My wife is now 4 weeks out from her hip replacement and is getting around with a walker in the house, but hasnā€™t gone outside nor tried to drive as yet. Since itā€™s the left hip that was replaced, driving sooner then later.
My Angiogram was postponed as my ride cancelled that was going to bring me home. My car would have been at the hospital but I canā€™t drive for a min of 24 hours. Cab service is a joke here as Iā€™ve been left standing at the hospital for more then a hour twice waiting for a cab that never showed.
joel

3 Likes

Just went through this thread and I apologize for not being around to see this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your wife Joel.

2 Likes