The Last 24 hours

Joseph,
Thanks so much for your support, as it means quite a lot to me.

My wife is now 4 weeks out from her surgery and is doing GREAT. Still using a walker, and rarely leaves the house except for Doctor visits, but she’s getting there.

My Angiogram was postponed to Jan 20th so I’m hoping to get it done and then the Angioplasty with a stent to solve to problem. But for now I’m hanging in there and finally finding a little more bench time.

joel

3 Likes

Joel, truly great to hear that your wife is going so well now, just need for you to follow suit.

Wishing you both a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

Cheers, D

D,
Thanks for the support. I’m getting a little concerned about my two procedures being postponed as the hospitals are already filling up with Covid cases. Even ICU and CCU are full in some of the local hospitals.

joel

Depending on where you are… many hospitals are short-handed because they pink slipped those who refused the vaccine. One year they’re called heroes, the next year they’re called selfish and get fired.

NYS Dept of Health website shows a spike but so far much lower than the same time last winter.
(flu season is still a thing)

Your procedure might be doable at an outpatient facility. That’s where I’d want it done if possible.
Good luck! and make sure your wife is doing her PT.

1 Like

This is indeed a viable option if you’ve got an outpatient facility near you that can make that happen.

Joseph,
That’s the plan. I’ll be an out patient for both procedures. Just gotta hope that the hospital doesn’t need every drop of space for the influx of Covid cases that we see and read about every day.

joel

2 Likes

I hear you Joel. Hope it all works out brother.

Not likely. Here on Long Island NY the hospitals were closed to all except covid patients early in 2020. A close friend works at the ICU at the local St. Francis Hospital (a bid deal place). She said most of the hospital was empty except for the covid patients (12-24) they crammed into one area. That was at the absolute peak of all this.
It’s like a huge department store but only the shoe department is open for business. The rest was a ghost town.

Barnslayer,
Sure hope it stays that way. Stony Brook Hospital is huge for sure.

joel

1 Like

I took this screen shot off the NYS Dept of Health site today.

Looks good.

1 Like

Some stats were released today by the NHS for non-Covid admissions during the lockdown. As may be expected many were DIY-related, but my favourite was that eight persons over the age of 90 needed to be admitted for injuries related to falls from playground equipment…

Cheers,

M

4 Likes

Young at heart? :wave:

3 Likes

Now that’s pretty funny :rofl:
joel

Well, they made it to 90. They must be doing something right.

2 Likes

Greg,
My twin brother (double cancer patient) is shooting for 85 and I’m looking to maybe reach 90 but everything seems to be breaking down faster then they can fix or repair me.

joel

1 Like

Nobody seems to offer an extended warranty for any of this.

Now that sure would be something else. Of course in a way Health insurance is a warranty of sorts.

BTW, this afternoon Stony Brook Hospital in Stony Brook which is massive in size stopped and cancelled all elective surgeries. So far mine is still a go and the most likely a Angioplasty if needed as I’m officially a stroke candidate.

joel

2 Likes

I guess that’s sort of good news. No outpatient facilities available?

Been to Stoneybrook Hosp. years ago to upgrade their Bone Density machine to a new model. Probably 12-15 years ago. Best of luck Joel, hope they keep the appointment and all goes well.

Dave,
Thanks so much for the support. I just want to get through both procedures as I’m now a stroke candidate.
joel