The Spaghetti Massacre 1/35

This diorama will be ultra violent. It’s inspired of Quentin Tarantino’s movie Inglorious Basterds.
An elite unit of American soldiers have sneaked in behind enemy lines to kill nazis in Italy.

These nazi soldiers are having a late dinner in an old wine yard just before it’s time to harvest the grapes in the fall.
I will add a German field kitchen. The soldiers have just start eating an typical Italian dinner, spaghetti with tomato sauce and some red wine.
The red wine and red tomato sauce will be accompanied with red blood, as the title says, it’s a massacre.

The main thing will be a dead soldier laying on the table, beside this it will be spaghetti, sauce, plates, cutlery etc etc. I will be pleased to find out all the small details that will be at the ground.

I use a building from DioDump that I painted some years ago and never used in a diorama before. I will scratch a wall with a door opening to the right.
The figures are mostly made by Warriors.
Here is some pictures from a year ago when I started this build:

Here is pictures from the first mockup with figures:

As you have seen in my thread Checking out I have start painting the figures.
I am also modifying the building, I will have wooden planks outside the window and the door will be filled with bricks and stones etc.

I hope to build a diorama that is unique in its kind. I will for sure bring it to the competitions in Sweden, it will be interesting to see how the audience will react.
I am aware of the fact that dead bodies in dioramas is a tricky business. But it is the business of war, killing your enemies, right!

Since I made the diorama Death of the Commander, I must admit that I like to show the brutality of war:

I will keep you updated my friends!
/Erik

17 Likes

Have been eagerly awaiting this one again Erik. The way all the Dios are composed is so very good… Every little detail covered… And the vast majority of it all scratch built or highly modified…
And welcome back :+1::+1:

1 Like

Wow, very impressive plan and impressive work so far. I like the size and angularity of the scenery and the rather picturesque setting of a vineyard that will be witness to such a violent event. The cast of characters already look to have a broad and engaging range of animation to help tell the story. Very fine work already Erik, I’m looking forward to seeing more.

2 Likes

Well, war isn’t all fun & games… or resting and pointing, translated into the modelling world.
I like that “Death of the commander”- vignette a lot. Very well done. So I am curious to see what this one will turn out like.

3 Likes

Inspired by TQ… don’t forget to add large splashes of fed blood/tomatoe sauce on the walls… add dialogue…
. limbs everywhere… and is it possible to add a soundtrack to a topic or a diorama?

Looks great already!!

1 Like

This will certainly one to look out for. So far, amazing work, the way you scratch buid things to help tell the story, is the art of diorama making

1 Like

Bert … Watch …“Saving Private Ryan” :grin: Lol

2 Likes

Thanks to all of you!
Watch this: LOL

4 Likes

Brilliant…

1 Like

He he, practicing to make the chefs apron…
Cheers

5 Likes

Would that be the swedish chef?

1 Like

Impressive work! Thanks for sharing! Following this with great interest! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Of course:)

1 Like

One of my favourite characters

1 Like

I could not stop working on the chef.
In the pictures you see the process, you could say he is primed as he is right now, all shadows, highlights and detail work is still to do.

This is how the mockup looks right now:

Cheers!

7 Likes

Looks bloody good Erik

1 Like

This going to be such an eye catching and graphic scene Erik. Different segments of action happening all over a very small base area…and everything with simply amazing detailing and effect :+1:

1 Like

Thanks guys!
This is a bloody massacre indeed, I almost cut my hand off with my scalpel when doing some detail work…

Anyway, I have started to paint the guy that being shot. He will have the SS spring camouflage (brown, green, black).
At this stage I have painted every color one time, no highlights or shadows etc.

I have start to paint the stones and bricks that will cover the door opening in the building.
Also as you see in the last picture, I have as a side project built and primed a PAK.
It’s alway nice to have a PAK available…isn’t it:)

I saw today that the C4-Open model competition In Malmö, south of Sweden, will take place as usual the last weekend in October. Well, been closed in 2019-2020 because of Covid-19.

I will try to go there, and then I have to bring some dioramas as well. So from now it’s just hard work that counts.
Cheers

5 Likes

Great update Erik. Love how it’s taking shape. Will be interesting to see how the different paint layers look as you build up the cam on the SS smock. :+1:

1 Like

Jaså?
Too bad it is so far away, otherwise I would’ve popped over there.
Great progress on your project! I take it that you will add muzzleflashes, smoke and ejecting cases later on ?
:wink:

1 Like