The telnyashka! Thank you Georg Eyerman!

The telnyashka! Thank you Georg Eyerman! This is still a work in progress. I will always suck at rendering figures but having fun!

Georg Eyerman and his on line Decalcomaniacs made up some stripes for me to try to suggest the Russian Navy telnyashka in 1/35 scale

2 Likes

This era of Soviet troops from Afghanistan I found interesting as in these photos from the 1980s

4 Likes

Started with the ICM mountain troops kit

Adding Hornet heads, hands and other resin to improve some

prime and paint

3 Likes

Added the stripe decal for the telnyashka shirt. then pastel dusting before a dull coat spray

2 Likes

More figures from this set to follow

2 Likes

Doubled up the stripe decal for the tee

6 Likes

That is a cracking solution for that particular item of clothing!

2 Likes

Cracking!

2 Likes

That blue-white striped tee was so iconic in the 80’s that when I had a summer holiday in Bulgaria by the Black See this was the very first item I bought. Next was vodka, third was food.
Everybody wore this on the beach.

4 Likes

Thought this figure’s decal stripe was too light a blue until I watched movie Red Dawn again this week.

2 Likes

Slow progress on figure group. Seated gunner figure got a hornet head and hands. After prime with black satin enamel

3 Likes

Really liking the progress with these figures. :+1::+1:

FYI, we have another figure campaign going if interested.

1 Like

Last Dull Cote layer on the standing guy. Calling this one of the three done.

This is my first figure attempt with the “green bag camo”

3 Likes

Worked on that seated gunner some more. Here are some work in progress photos taken with a cell phone. Still want to dust all the figures down a bit with pigments. Much fun!

3 Likes

Thinking about a display stand of some kind for the figures. I will try some foam and basswood sheet

6 Likes

Getting close to calling this one done

Trying to reflect something like this

5 Likes

Plan to dust these guys down after touch ups. Wonder if the Russians typically carried around their helmets on the hill?

1 Like

This looks great, ground work and all!

1 Like

Thank you Steve! This was a fun way to learn more about 1980’s Soviet gear

1 Like

Nice to see progress on this mate- the position looks excellent and I think you’ve captured the look of the terrain particularly well.
As for their helmets- it likely would have depended on their role and unit. Many of the elite forces packed lightly for speed as they wanted to move over the terrain quickly- one of the reasons they wore trainers. Their essential kit would have been whittled way down and I doubt they’d have wanted a helmet clanking along for the ride. But if they were manning a position for a while or part of a regular/mechanized infantry unit then they might very well have taken their helmets along.

2 Likes