Tiger II Cutaway with Crew | Armorama

The base kit was the Meng King Tiger and interior set and the crew is the Stalingrad figures set. This was combined with several different aftermarket sets such as PE schurzen, metal barrel, ATAK Zimmerit, PE details and more.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/list/tiger-ii-cutaway-with-crew

Wow! I never thought I would like the cutaway model, but this one looks absolutely wonderful. Thank you for sharing your work.

Is there more photos that you can post? I would love to see more detailed images of the interior and the crew.

Mario

PS. The new Armorama site has a habit of downsizing the images to fit the page. If you copy the image location and paste it into the browser, you can see the high-res images of this beauty.

7 Likes

And my goodness does that one expand! It actually manages to make my 4K display seem small. :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I have added several extra pictures, glad you like the model!

1 Like

Absolutely stunning models!..I think now I am inspired to try this for
myself.
Thanks for posting this!
Cheers,

1 Like

It certainly does, i completely forgot to resize the pictures after getting thrm off my camera :stuck_out_tongue:

Thanks, glad you like it!

Fantastic effort with that cutaway. I’m not usually a fan of cutaway or clear models, but that King T is exceptional.
I imagine very very time consuming…
I really like the expression on the gunners face as he squints through the sight…
Very very good.
Btw, that link wouldn’t work for me ? Is there any chance of some more images here @T_K ??

1 Like

The link was down as T_K added more images and the feature needed another approval from editors before going live. Try clicking the link now…

Thank you for another set of photos, I appreciate it. Absolutely wonderful work!

Mario

1 Like

thank you, the project was started back in october 2020 so it has taken a few months!

agreed on the gunner, the sculpts and poses from Stalingrad are excellent!

The updated thread was pending approval so i reckon the link should work now as it has just been approved :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cheers Mario accessed it via the main site… That is some amazing work @T_K

1 Like

Excellent! This gives me ideas for my RMF see-through Panther when I finally get around to it.

1 Like

Wow! Beautiful build. Tempted to try this in the future with an interior build of some sort, so inspirational as well. . Always thought the plastic would be too thin on most kits to look proportionate. Not sure if accurate on the Meng kit but looks decent enough to my uneducated eye.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I have been told by Meng customer service and a bit of measuring that the armour is scale thickness.

Outstanding! The tank is great, but the work on the figures really stands out!

I can only wish that some figure making (styrene or resin) would do similar sets. With all of the new full-interior kits, this is a totally untapped market.

Thanks for sharing (and hopefully providing some inspiration for some figure maker out there!).

1 Like

2 Likes

Stalingrad makes several similar figure sets for German cats.
https://stalingrad.diorama.ru/

Mario

1 Like

It’s a real museum piece

1 Like

Now that you have worked the bugs out of the build, I,m sending you my Meng KT as an initial production run… :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Thanks for pointing that out, Mario!

I should have read the text more carefully! Quite a “duh” moment…

The other sets from Stalingrad look darned good, too. Maybe they’ll do a couple of sets for the Commonwealth and US M3 Grant and Lee tanks.

I think I see an order with Stalingrad in my future…