Truck Overload

Like my last overload project this one takes things a little further. The scale is 1/35, simply because, I had this vehicle on on that I did not know what to do with it. So I turn it from being a military truck to a civilian vehicle instead. This brand of trucks are sometimes used in the African regions so I thought I would use it for this build. I used whatever fits the bill, from old clothing, rubber, tissue paper, plastic, and odds and ends that I had saved in my ‘box of tricks’, to get the job done. I even added a toilet bowl to throw in some interest. The plastic yellow/orange containers are used a lot in many regions in Africa, so I painted and added them to the mix of odds and ends. I want to thank Ulf Lindgren for sending me the containers. These were 3d printed. He did and amazing job with the fine details of the containers. The drawings were provided by another great modeler, Peter Olsson. Thanks guys.[br][br][br][br]Note. I just noticed, I had forgotten to shave off the thin rubber in the middle of the tyre on top of the cab. Will try and shave it off. Otherwise, it was a fun build. Thanks for looking.
[/URL

11 Likes

Awesome details!

Oh dear!! What will the road safety officers say …

1 Like

Kits being delivered to Robin’s mailbox! :package::package::package::gift::package: ……:mailbox_with_no_mail: :smiley:

5 Likes

Looks great Charles. Only change I would mention for a future build is more wear and tear on the tires, both vehicle and storage. The look like very low mileage tires and one would have the expectation of high mileage to match the rest.

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :innocent:
Umhum …

2 Likes

Really good! Great idea, and very nicely done!

1 Like

“Overload” is an understatement Charles! Another sensational concept brilliantly executed, so much detail and just so much going on in that pile of stuff!

The only thing that stands out to me is the “fuzziness” of the string used as rope, it’s a bit out of scale. Perhaps some dark furniture wax or oil would darken and age the rope a bit and calm down that frizzy hair.

Cheers, D

1 Like

Thanks. That was the downside. I’m trying to rectify it.

1 Like

Thank you.

Did that already after the photos were taken.

1 Like

I’ve rectify some minus and working on other areas. Thanks for the tips guys.

1 Like

Ah, what a fantastic piece you’ve got there Charles- really imaginative and filled with interesting things to see in the load and all over the truck. Its a real joy to see something like this.

2 Likes

Thank you Karl. Its amazing what you find out there. Here are few more overload photos. Amazing!!! These photos help inspired my build.

4 Likes

Exactly !
I did pay to much for my moving with 3 truck loads.

2 Likes

That is scary and impressive all at the same time. :+1:

1 Like

It sure is.

that truck makes me that’s what all UK hgv’s are going to look like due to 100,000 hgv driver shortage.

great model build btw, well done indeed.

1 Like

Thank you.

Incredible build! It’s amazing what a creative modeling mind can come up with! :grinning:

Amazing what a horsepower engine and wheels can do in the Real World. :grinning:

1 Like