Trumpeter 1/16th. Panzer IV Ausf.F (REDUX)

Well here’s the next one it has 395 Pics.
I hope it’s useful to you.
Donald

8 Likes

Did they use single belts or would they have used a multi V belt ? Nice start

1 Like

Nice work so far.I think,it does’nt matter if there’s not much left to see,you and who’s interestet in your building knows what’s inside and how much work you invested

1 Like

Logicaly you would think they would use individual belts , that way if one was damaged the rest would keep working.
Donald

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

Looking forward!

1 Like

yes and no I suppose, if a single belt goes, although you have more single belts to keep it turning, they then receive extra load from the broken one … I only really asked as we used Multi V belts on Chieftain /Chally etc … they can still work fine when they have minor side splits and you lose one V section (However, their outputs are probably a lot higher than WW2 engines … just an observation )…

It is a shame so much of these engines is hidden once the builds complete … great work though

1 Like

Thank you Donald for starting a new one. Always interesting and enjoyable. These are kits that I normally would never get to see.

2 Likes

That’s why we look at the photos!
Ken

1 Like

True … Lucky Don @oldwarloke is doing the build … If I was doing it as a lazy builder (sometimes…) No one would ever see the engine lol

My problem is I tend to forget taking pictures.
Ken

1 Like

6 Likes

I have some knowledge of the intercom and radios for this tank.

David

2 Likes

Lovely PE work. The gear guard looks great

2 Likes

Sharp clean looking PE work, very nice!

1 Like

6 Likes

Looks great!

Were the ammo racks fiddly to build and get aligned properly?

1 Like

No as long as you have a bender
Donald

2 Likes

If it’s like the J late model the radio Racks are a pain even with a folder! ,I ended up cheating and wrapped and superglued them onto the radios without making them up first like the instructions say.

Here’s my radio rack from the J model it’l be posted here eventually
Donald

3 Likes

very nice , i’m just happy you can’t really see them when the upper hulls on with mine :wink: :joy: