Trumpeter 1/350 Heavy Cruiser HMS York (1941)

Hi Si,
How are you going to tackle the missing planking on the B turret deck (Shelter deck)? Another Trumpeter C*** Up!
Photo of Exeter shows the decking which Trumpeter missed, they were sisters so would of thought both would have the same deck finish.

Otherwise a nice start.

2 Likes

Excellent start! Kudos!
Bill

1 Like

Hi Luciano,

I will be honest, I missed that flaw in the kit in my research for this build. I couldn’t find any photos showing B gundeck 1940/41, I am going to live with it.

Always good to see you back on the forums. Mate.

Cheers

Si

1 Like

Thanks Bill,

Welcome aboard, glad to have you along.

Cheers

Si

1 Like

Excellent start on your York, Si. I really like the Camo paint! What is the white tape you used for masking the edges, it looks almost like vinyl?

Marty

1 Like

Hi Si,

following silently so far - great to have you back here with a build log, and very nice work - as usual - on your HMS York. I have that one in my stash, I really like those cruisers, looking forward to following your build!

Cheers
Jan

1 Like

Hi Marty

Glad to have you along. apologies for the slow response, real life has got in the way. The tape is Tamiya’s flexible masking tape, it is vinyl, that is the 5mm, it comes in other widths, I have some as well, 2mm as well, very good for complex curves.

Cheers

Si

1 Like

Hi Jan,

Glad to have you along either way. Hoping to make some progress next weekend.

Cheers

Si

1 Like

This is a bit of a mish mash of the progress over the last few weeks, more where I am at than detail.

The bridge structure built and fitted.

The fit of the kit etch for the lower bridge wing supports were tight and needed very careful filing top and bottom to fit.Quite a lot of detail to go on yet.

The camo on the lower parts of the after superstructure done.

The etched platforms and ladder in the forward funnel.

An overveiw with the major superstructure units in place.

More soon… I hope.

Cheers

Si

11 Likes

Cool work, Si. I like the “cutaway” of the stack - an area frequently neglected!

3 Likes

Looking good Si. She’s got an interesting bridge structure for sure!

1 Like

Si,

Nice work, the internal stack walk-way is interesting, never seen that on a kit.

Can’t wait to see more progress

David

1 Like

Thanks Tim,

Nice to get the etch to go in the larger funnel, in the larger scales they can look big empty holes.

Cheers

Si

1 Like

Thanks Russ,

It was an interesting structure to build, quite a lot of barely visible etch between the platforms. certainly test my knowledge of naughty words. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: But worth it.

Working on some of the smaller structures before loading up the windy stick.

Cheers, Si

1 Like

Hi David,

The walkway came from the Eduard etch, their stuff is rather good,

If I get a bit more done tomorrow, might have enough to add anither update.

Cheers, Si

1 Like

Managed to get a few bits and pieces done over the weekend,

Work on the ground tackle under way. The anchor cable is in the kit.

And with the exception of the breakwater the fo’c’s’le fitted out.

The sub assembles ready for spraying so far.

After a bit thought, I decided to use the kit catapult as a base and dress it but with some of the Eduard etched parts.

A quick overview, with the sub assemblies test fitted.

More soon.

Cheers,

Si

10 Likes

Very nice and clean build Si :clap:

Cheers

Tom

1 Like

Thanks Tom,

She is coming along.

Cheers

Si

1 Like

Some progress, time has been a bit short of late and an a few issues with motivation.

The main armament. I have used the Master barrels for the Exeter as no set exists for the York.

The eduard etch and some Black 20mm

The quad 0.5" Vickers, railings, ladders etc fitted to B gundeck.

Sub assemblies going down, the after funnel and the searchlight platform down.

Both funnels fitted.

An overveiw. A turret is not yet fixed down, the Eduard breakwater still needs to be built and go down first.

A few more deck fittings to go, then a good number of boats.

More soon

Cheers

Si

11 Likes

Si - she looks great, even with limited time you seem to be moving swiftly with this build. Nice and clean work.

Looking forward to seeing more progress.

David