Trumpeter Challenger2

I cleaned up my bench and did what I think is all the weathering today, still need to add the antenna masts, blend the loader’s hatch and finish the headlights but other than that, it’s about done. I did it dirty this time, going by pics, mainly since I figured a dozer tank would be dirtier than others.

6 Likes

Oops, side skirts are ready, need to be hung as well.
IMG_3729 - Copy by Russel Baer, on Flickr
I got crazy and lost one “KFOR” decal, so this tank has one skirt section from “another” tank.

7 Likes

What a fantastic uplift you have that kit Russ, hats off for the crazy amount of hard work you put into it. It looks cracking…

I hate to be a party pooper (again🙈) but the MRS shroud is on the wrong way buddy… … Sorry I didn’t notice it early on in the build …

1 Like

Argh. That’s what I get for following instructions. I can fix that…

2 Likes

Ta da!

And thanks for pointing that out, better to find out about it now than at a show…

6 Likes

Excellent recovery Sir

2 Likes

Ah Russ, what a beauty! It’s been a long, arduous trip but your hard work and excellent skills have certainly paid off. Great scratchbuilding and outstanding finish. The weathering looks fantastic.

1 Like

Nice rendition. The restrained weathering allows one to focus more on the clean build and see the extra work you put into it. :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

This one’s in my stash too and I like what you’ve shown here.
Thanks!

1 Like

Looking forward to the final photos!!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thanks all! Out of town for Thanksgiving, back at it next week and should finish shortly.

1 Like

Finished.
IMG_3746 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_3748 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_3749 by Russel Baer, on Flickr
IMG_3751 by Russel Baer, on Flickr

11 Likes

Beautiful and hard won.

1 Like

Great looking build!!! A very nice display. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Very well done. Great to watch you keep on top of this and give it your special detailed touch. Some fantastic scratch building under that paint has made it the superb build it is. Wonderful :+1:

1 Like

Thanks all. I think that after this one, the Tamiya kit will be a breeze. I have a couple of pics to work from and will probably get started in a few weeks.

Nice work Russel.

1 Like