Trumpeter Mk VII

Came out very, very nice if you ask me Rory.

Nice work Rory. Its a shame they go to the trouble of making the decals for those little details, then after teasing you with them, they turn into piles of unusable scrap and you have to then spend ages mending them or going down the spraying path … All told though, she is looking great and you have really made it shine :+1:

1 Like

And calling her done. My first completed kit of 2022 :slight_smile:

Trumpeter had one last wrench to throw me in that the railings were some of the flimsiest PE I have ever dealt with. I worked through it but the railings may not be the straightest or prettiest railings in the world. Oh well.

7 Likes

That looks terrific Rory, a real unique ship by any standards. The finish is spot on, and the paint looks the business. Surprised how small the helo looks on the flight deck… But it gives it another good aspect to appreciate. Great job and congrats for the first completed build of the year :+1::+1:

1 Like

Despite the tribulations, you really pulled the magic rabbit out of the hat on this one Rory. A very interesting subject, very well executed. Loved your updates on this one, it was a treat to watch it come together.

1 Like

Bulat has been primed.

9 Likes

Be good to see this with colour on it Igor… Looks very nice already :+1:

Patches of sand yellow sprayed first. It’s going to be digital camo so there will be lot of masking.

4 Likes

Digital… Wow… Looking forward to that… And there are a lot of odd irregular surfaces to do… Braver man than me … I won’t even do a Berlin cam. … Let alone Digi cam…

It’s going to be a lot of fun with cutting and masking.

1 Like

Sand yellow patches masked and brown patches sprayed. Instead of red brown maybe I should use nato brown.

3 Likes

What other colours are you planning on using Igor ? Red brown may tone down a bit when the other tones are applied. I actually dont think the red brown looks out of place as some of the wagons you see have some colourful schemes.

And it looks great with what you have done so far :+1:

Thanks for your comments. I shall use Ammo of Mig Forrest green and black as well.

1 Like

I would go with how it is :+1:

1 Like

Black patches has been sprayed.

5 Likes

I am happy with final resault.

14 Likes

You should be Igor. It looks great. Those digital marks look super crisp.

Fantastic Digi cam Igor. The blocks look perfect and lovely clean edges and the colours all work great with that brown. Great work :+1::+1:

1 Like

ok i know I’m late to the party but i managed to score a cheap £25 Trumpeter 1/35 BMP-3 which i plan to do it in the current Ukrainian conflict.

and here is today’s copy of the sun newspaper and the lid removed from the box as my starting picture. as you can see the sprues are still in their bags.

4 Likes

Wish I had the patience to do a digital. Looks great and nice colors. :+1: :+1: