Trumpeter Mk VII

Welcome to the build David. Will look forward to seeing the BMP. Who’s colours are you doing it in ?

not sure yet but it’s gonna have a “Z” on it.

i will need to look into colour schemes the Russians are using and then cover it all in mud etc.

i also need to find out about the interior colours as well as I’d like to open it up and make it look as if it’s been looted by Ukrainian troops or civilians.

i am also working on a tractor made by hasegawa as well :wink:

2 Likes

Very nice. Looking forward to it :+1:

The BMP-3, the tractor or both lol

1 Like

Bizarrely, the tractor towing it lol

1 Like

Robin posted a video over in the 1:1 section showing that BDRM command vehicle that got captured. Has some good interior footage that might help with colours.

1 Like

Wow! That looks fantastic

Thanks for positive comments. It will be toned down with brown wash and some oil dots.

Tankograd: BMP-3 for some interior shots.

1 Like

thanks for the link, it’s very useful .

Klaus

some progress on the hull, the first frw stages of the build.

3 Likes

attempting to fix the problems with the rear of thr BMP-3

5 Likes

a test fitting of the upper and lower hull followed by coat of car primer paint before i start to paint some of the interior.

4 Likes

Coming along nicely David :+1:

so i mixed up a faded white colour for the interior using tamiya flat white with 2 drops of dark grey and 3 drops of deck tan.
once it was dry i gave it a quick blast of games workshops “purity seal” or whatever name it goes by these days.

6 Likes

putting the deck fittings on the Alaska

building the life raft stacks. tedious work but they look better than 1 piece
molded stacks. used the tweezers to hold them while assembling

4 Likes

assembling the 5 in gun houses. had to clear out flash from the gun slots on each of the houses.
I think they look pretty good

5 Likes

Really looking good Stevie. Nicely detailed and those 5in Turrets look very nice :+1:

just a brief update on the interior of the BMP-3, dirt washes, drybrushing and pin washes to yhe inside as well ad the rear decking.

4 Likes

Nicely done Dave. Is the raised lettering behind drivers seat hidden from view once the top armour goes on ? I like the foot wear on the plates in front of the troop seats.