Trumpeter Mk VII

Thanks I just noticed the accent was missing in the N.

Also thanks @Johnnych01 for the critique. Made me rethink the masks and I took some time to reshape them and resize a bit and I am much happier now

4 Likes

Looks good Mead :+1:

1 Like

But not quite: you need “БЕЙ”, and you have “БЕИ”. They are completely different letters.
You need an apostrophe on the last letter, like Tom2022’s.

I’ve since added the accent character. I appreciate you and @Tom2022 pointinh it out

1 Like

Ready for weathering and detail painting!

9 Likes

Looking very good Mead. The change you made with the lettering has made a big difference :+1:

1 Like

Wow Mead that is really sweet. The shading is excellent and the stenciling is perfect.

1 Like

Thank you!! I am very happy with how the paint job turned out. I’ve been really focusing on my shading while painting.

I wasn’t sure if I liked the stencils, so your comment is appreciated. They felt a bit messy but after reviewing photos the real things were a bit sloppy as well

2 Likes

There is a Russian proverb: “Better late than never.”

You can compare your stencil with a commercial product.
This is clearly only for one side.

2 Likes

i finally managed to mask off the BMP-3 and apply the green paint, after which i dropped the turret section and broke loose the internal turret assembly…which i have glued again.

6 Likes

Started to weather the Kv-1 tried a technique for the wear on the steel wheels that I saw in Night Shifts video on his JS-2 build. I have done the inside of this wheel but not the outside yet, thoughts on how it looks?

2 Likes

Looks good to me Mead. What was the method ? I use AK steel pigments for that effect on wheel rims.

1 Like

Same idea but I don’t have steel pigment. Painted it with Humbrol aluminum, then a thin coat of Vallejo natural steel over that, followed by buffing with graphite from a pencil on my finger

1 Like

I’ve hand painted tbe “Z” on tbe BMP-3 as well as adding mud effects using “Perfect Putty” and tamiya flat earth acrylic paint, it needs to br darkened and layered but you get a rough idea

5 Likes

Looking good and nice little additions David. The Z looks the part with some natural runs. :+1:

1 Like

hello, i’m in for this campaign !

3 Likes

i thought that picture on your phone was funny, never seen my own work showed like that becore :grinning::wink::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Welcome to the build @FlyingSauerkraut … Nice kit to enter. Will be good watching this get built up :+1:

Don’t let the fame go to your head David… :rofl:

2 Likes

Two days without wife and child means lot of free time !

monday i finished the chassis

tuesday i started the rocket pod and the little sub assembly

yesterday i finished the pod and made a blank fit

6 Likes