Trumpeter Mk VII

Okay, got paint down on the Rooikat. Went with the 3 camo version:

All Tamiya Acrylic paints - custom mixes. I hoping a thin wash will add the correct hue to these.

11 Likes

Looking great. Nice work on the camo!

1 Like

Very good mix with those colours. Couldn’t really get a better match if was straight out a pot. Looking very good.

1 Like

I’m calling this one done, so here is mt abandoned and looted Russian BMP-3

5 Likes

Thats very good David. Definitely cracked the abandoned look and feel with the hatches open and discarded kit everywhere. The ground work gives it a really nice autumnal feel. The finished cam turned out really nice as well … Great job all over

1 Like

Forgot to reply to this one Ryan, sorry. Looks good mate. I really enjoyed mine, its a fun little build with no real issues. Hows your going ? you just doing a basic green finish ? Kit rubber or you getting resin for it ?

1 Like

Thanks. Not going bad, had some burnout time then life happened, trying to get on the overdose of all that. I am at adding PE and painting the interior before body painting. I think it will be all green as it appears that was the AK deployment color.

Both my LAV builds will have resin tires, don’t want any trumpeter rubber problems later. :grin:

1 Like

I kept mine OOB but I can imagine PE for it would be nice and enhance it a lot. look forward to any updates :+1:

1 Like

Great work in this campaign so far!

I am getting started slowly on my entry: 1/48 trumpeter Mig-23BN Flogger H.

I am planning to build an Ethiopian camo scheme.

More to follow :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Nice one to pick Jesper. Will be good to have a plane joining in… Look forward to it :+1:

1 Like

Thanks, Johnny! Really looking forward to painting the camouflage. I will probably go with hard edged camo and use a brush. Let’s see if I chicken out at the last moment and use the airbrush :wink::slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

A little progress on this one.

The cockpit decals are on. Not sure what I think of these. Clearly better details that can be painted unless you have a very sharp eye and brush, but does not fit exactly to the raised details. I guess it will see after some light washes.

3 Likes

Another one I lost track of. :pensive:

Still have time buddy … It was sounding close last time …

Is yours very close now Peter @petbat … just needed a wash or filter didn’t it ?

Deadline is 10 Jan 23…and I can eke out another 7 or so days after if people need it ??

1 Like

I’m very close John. I’ll finish in time.

I broke the protective rails for the smoke dischargers (knocked the turret of the mutihands holding it) and have had to replace them. They need painting, but once that is done, I just need to rub some pigments into the vinyl tyres and she is done.

1 Like

Excellent :+1::blush:

Okay, here is the finished (except for aerials) Trumpter Rooikat.

Fought me a bit at the end. Dusted with pigments to replicate this type of dusty layer, just not quite as heavy:

Now to find a guitarist to mug for his axe strings… :grin:

9 Likes

Very nice Peter. Good sympathetic layer of dust is giving it a used but not abused look. Tyres are looking very nice as well as the cam scheme. Great work mate.

2 Likes

I am getting there - But might need another couple of weeks. Could we get an extension to 1st February?

More to follow soon :slightly_smiling_face:

Probably 100% risk that I will knock these PE antennas of during painting :roll_eyes::roll_eyes::sweat_smile:

5 Likes

If you haven’t tried it yet check out the rubberized CA. It’s black so it’s much easier to see where it is applied and it has a bit of give to it, a bit of flex. It also help to prevent parts launch when something breaks off. Been using it for a while now and have been happy with the results.

2 Likes