Trumpeter Mk VII

Well I cut some plastic …

Suspension is done and the prop housings are on each side.

And the offensive tow rope is history …

Will tidy that area up once I drill out the brackets and level it all up with some Mr surfacer :+1:

2 Likes

What’s a good interior colour for a LAV. Namely the fighting/control area in the turret ?

A lot of pictures showed the passengers compartment to be a very pale kind of green, so I have used Tamiya XF21 and F76 for that, I used that as well for the fighting/control area, but wether that is correct?

That’s good enough for me Bert, as I do have that… Just realised I also have the AK RC 028 interior green… Is that for US kit as well ? … Thanks again Bert

That color is more of a WW2 aircraft interior not modern US armor interior green.

Was that to the AK 28 Ryan ?

3 Likes

Cheers Don… XF21 looks pretty close to me …:+1:

Yes, AK 28.

XF-21 is a better match.

1 Like

Hello! I am new to the site, new to campaigns and new to scale modeling in general. Is it too late to join? I have a JSIIIm that begs to be built. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forums Emil @Skuggan . Hope you enjoy your time here now you have joined. There are loads of people here for advice and just to help out if needed with refences etc …

No, you are fine to join in on this group build. Its any Trumpeter kit, and the build is going to be running for a 12 month period. Do you usually build armour or will you try any type of kits ?

Any questions please feel free to ask, I am here all day on this … as I’m at work and its on in the background. For these type of builds you should post a pic of the kit in the box, so people can see it unstarted, and then as many progress images as you can and updates with how the build is going or if you have any issues with it or things which you want to share.
looking forward to seeing the JSIII :+1:

Hello and thank you so much for your answer! This will be my second armour build ever, the first was a Tamiya Walker Bulldog in 1:35th with dubious results so I thought this was a good opportunity to recieve some constructive advise. I have also built a few airplanes when I was younger.

I will post my starting photo when I get home from work!

/ Emil

3 Likes

Look forward to it Emil. Like i said, there are a great many people who know an awful lot about US, Russian, any tank you can think of, so you will never be short of answers.

Welcome aboard and look forward to seeing your process.

Tracks go on the bottom!

Welcome to the site and the campaign Emil!

1 Like

all the time ?

:grin:

3 Likes

Tracks are still on the bottom, it’s the ground that’s backwards.

4 Likes

Is that how they drive down under?

4 Likes

I wouldn’t want to be the TC that had to Hand Receipt that! :frowning_face:

4 Likes

Speaking of things that are upside down…

I decided to unwind after the 14 hour marathon of Covid and weapons grade human stupidity that was my shift last night with a little whisky and glue sniffing.

Under bits for the Husky have been attached, never to be seen again. Which is a good thing. The tooling for these AVGP kits are starting to show their age in places. Lots of lateral slip in the moulds resulting in some offset, especially the two part transfer cases.

No major issues though and the worst of the crimes are hidden even if you pick it up to look.

3 Likes