Trumpeter Schwere Zugkraftwagen with 88

Here’s my version, a late Famo chassis. I used PanzerConcepts tracks, wheels and mudguards. Made correctly curved side panels for the bonnet. Reduced the front armour to line up with the bonnet. Added a radiator filler cap and tools - not in kit. Rear steps and width indicators from wire. Made a brass aerial support. Added a barrel support from spares box. Used a Dragon shield with the sides cut off. Mounted the indicator box the right way up. Trumpeter instructions are wrong. Step 36, parts S35/S42/C15. You will have to trim the block on the side frame otherwise it fouls part S15. Also watch out for the engine mount U22 has the wrong profile. Serious injector pin lumps inside parts A22 /23 and U40. These will stop you fitting the torsion bars and must be drilled out.
If you use the kit gun shield you will have to make your own brass visors as none are supplied on the fret.
Scratch built a front bumper from tube and relocated the headlights on wires. The number plates are from Tamiyas Steyr kit. I cut them close to the edge of the transfer, leaving them on the paper. The paper is soaked in a drop of liquid superglue so when dry it can be sanded and painted. Then simply glued in place.

15 Likes

Excellent model. Very nicely finished.

I wonder if it would be possible to put the un-armoured cab on there? Just to mix it up a bit? Is there a resin aftermarket option or would you need to kitbash it from the Tamiya etc?

1 Like

Great job Mark - ice finish on the beast

1 Like

Nice finish I meant lol

1 Like

The Flak carrier was built in a very short series, wikipedia says 15, and
they were intended for the anti-tank role.
I doubt there would have been a soft-skin cab for that role.
Trumpeter (compatible parts) is planning to release a plain vanilla Sd.Kfz. 9 with the soft cab …

1 Like

Impressive job :+1:

1 Like