Type 94 6 wheeled Truck "Hard Top" FineMolds FM30

Hi Everybody, I present my new projet it´s a Japanese Truck, of FineMolds FM30, (Hard Top) in 1/35 scale, I continue with the cargo trucks this year, we will see how out…
The model:

Regards, Omar

4 Likes

Looks ijnteresting, have one of these myself. Does anyone make replacement wheels for this? the hub detail is good but the moulded tyre treads are less so.

Regards Jason

Hi Jason
Yesterday I saw the same, I really don’t know if exist any remplace. I will try to give the form must real that I can.
Regards

No one makes replacement tires as far as I am aware, and that is why I’ve put off building these kits. I’ve reached out to DEF and Hussar in the past to see if I can get an interest in doing a replacement set, but no response. Perhaps a few more reaching out to them will get them motivated.

For the tires, I get resin would be better but I found this new technique that looks great and may work for you.
This was in the commercial trucking campaign.

1 Like

Hi,

Thanks for replying. I will ask DEF as well. I guess it should be possible to swap the tyres for another aftermarket set and use the existing hubs.

I also have the limited addition, Japan only th Anniversary of Toyada ( as was) 1936 civilian 2 axle truck. Never seen another. Not built, dare not to.

Regards Jason

The Toyoda G1 was actually a contract kit for the Toyota Engineering Society so while it was molded by Fine Molds, I don’t believe they own the rights to it so I doubt it will be produced again. Only about 13000 kits produced for the 70th Anniversary.

They do pop up on Ebay for about $100 - the green box edition that is. There was actually two boxings - the “standard” green box, and the “limited edition” grey box with some additional parts. I seldom if ever see the grey box edition, except on the odd Japanese auction site. I’ve got two of the green and one of the grey, with the intention of building one of them with a Pit Road Type 96 25mm AA gun in the back.

Interesting comments, I was unaware of the existence of both the truck and the anti-aircraft kit, something is always learned …

Toyoda G1

m1
model_02_gb

Pit Road Type 96:

s-l400 (1)

Meanwhile steps 1 to 3 advance …

Regards, Omar

2 Likes

Actually, the Type 96 AA gun I was referring to is the single gun, not the triple, which would be much too large and heavy for the back of a truck.

Long before Pit Road produced plastic kits, they did resin and white metal ones, and most of their plastic kits are reiterations of these old kits. I wish they would release the gunners for the Type 96 Triple again!

I intend to put this on the back of the Toyoda, complete with the crew:

No pictures of a G1 with a mounted gun, but pictures of later trucks carrying single AA guns exist.

Hi,

Yes mine is the green box kit. It would be nice to see a re-release but like you say, is unlikely.

Your project sounds interesting, I hope you post pictures when you do this.

Regards Jason

Wow, exist a lot of kits, that I never saw before, good information, thanks

More steps of the Type 94 6 WITH, The kit is simple and easy of assembly, with some marks of injections, few visible. The advances in pics:

Regards, Omar

2 Likes

Well, the little advances with of Type 94, now I completed the cabin, and put the wheels, looks the advances:

Regards

2 Likes

A few more advances before starting with the paint …

Can anyone have a photo where it is clear, how was the canvas used by these trucks?

2 Likes

I have some, but none of the details are clearly visible:

scale_1200 (2)

truck type 97

Hi everybody one’s steps more, now I ended the canvas, I tried do the more similar that I can, look the advances…
The target:
truck type 97

The result:

Regards, Omar

7 Likes

Perfection!:ok_hand:

1 Like

Thank you!!!

Very nice Omar ! Anxious to see it in paint .

1 Like