Under New Management…

Trumpeter’s BRDM-2… still not finished….maybe too heavy chipping…shovel not completely painted….antennas….wheels….windows…weathering…still to go

I have not built a armour kit in about a year…it’s amazing how much you forget with a time out

Early March, I saw a :ru:BRDM with a :ukraine: yellow stripe painted thru the “Z”…that was the inspiration…”O” was the easy way out for painting the front ID mark

15 Likes

Looks good Dave and nice theme. As for the chipping … Well, looking at some of the wagons/wrecks that have been abandoned or reused… Your chipping is understated :grin:

2 Likes

Really impressive shading of the green. Looks nice. I would not comment on the chipping until you finish the rest of the weathering. By the way, for me a circle or “O” would be harder to do freehand than the “Z”. Hope you can add a figure, even a civilian walking by.

3 Likes

great idea, let’s see more pictures please.

This turned up on Tik Tok today…a Tiger having a similar issue to the BRDM-2……goodbye circles

5 Likes

GREAT IDEA! There is so much to be said for having the home field advantage. Hats off to the Ukranians. Russia thought it was going to be a cake walk, instead it has been Afghanistan II for them. The Russians have not painted a very good picture of the battle doctrine let alone the overall dicipline of there troops. Sure hope everyone at the puzzle palace are taking lots of notes!

Thanks… I have a bunch of Trumpeter kits eg. GRAD, 2S19, BTR, etc in need of new :ukraine: ownership or could be :fire: burnt out…with no shortage of reference photos for ideas …

1 Like

Wheels on…windows in…wipers done with black sharpie…window armour covers attached…coat of thinned out Tamiya Buff for dust

Still remaining….radios…searchlight…and some straw I was gonna have caught up in a couple places…periscope on front angle armour

I wish the wheels were plastic then I could do some confident painting…
The rubber crap I find challenging…

7 Likes

Looking pretty good Dave. Some really nice detailing on it :+1:

While I agree in principle, I found this to be useful.

Commercial Trucking 2021 (Jan-Dec) - #170 by AussieReg?

I like what you have done with this build. :+1:

I have these Tamiya products…
Will have to try them out on the “rubber”
Thanks

1 Like

More done today…searchlight…antennas…mirror…scope beside mirror…

Still have to paint tail lights…add straw…maybe something else

3 Likes

Looks great. I picked up that kit yesterday to do something similar.

Thanks,
I pulled out the Trumpeter 2S19 kit last night to start…will end up like the BRDM-2…under new ownership

3 Likes

Went to my LHS today…the quest continues….

2 Likes

Ukraine already operates the MSTA.
So technically not under new management :thinking::grin:

Well if said MSTA has painted out :ru: O, V, Z tactical insignia on it with :ukraine: colours, I would say technically, figuratively and practically it is under new management…:wink:

1 Like