Unfinished Business 2020 Group Build...cont

John, great work on the M47 - it is coming along very nicely.

Clark, beautiful Tiger. Looks great!

These builds are all looking great! Does anyone know if there will be a unfinished business 2021? I have a couple self queens id like to finish, and an excuse to finish them. :wink:

You can always set up a thread yourself Ezra. GB’s don’t need to be set up by Admin anymore.

Ooh I didnt know that. We we see in January then! :wink:

1 Like

I’m calling my Jordanian M47 complete (with a minor repair that will dealt with later). I’m glad to have finally completed a campaign after all these years. Thanx for the opportunity!

4 Likes

That looks very good!

Nice model. Move it from the shelf queen shelf to the display case. Way to go.

It is a beautiful piece of work Jack. Glad to see it done, it was worth the wait!

Thanks for joining in.

PS. If you haven’t already, look for Ezra’s thread on the Unfinished 2021 build… love to see you in that too.

1 Like

Nicely done Jack! Love the camo scheme you achieved for a version of this tank I’ve not seen before.

Thanx for the comments, one and all! As far as 2021 goes, I have put my hat in that Unfinished campaign.

2 Likes

Thanx Pappy. Typical Jordanian M47 from the 6 Day War (plenty of period/actual vehicle photos). It’s just my preference to show most of my builds a bit more scruffier than usual. I could do a bit more to it, but I’m moving on to another campaign vehicle.

Nothing like sliding in at the last minute. I need to come up with a better camera and background setup…

I definitely learned some things on this build:
-I need to do a better job on seams.
-Less chipping is more. I think it’s a little over done here.
-Painting figures is hard.
-Tamiya decals suck. I had both water bottle decals crack and fall apart on me. Some of the ammo can decals gave me some trouble as well.
-Echelon decals are great. They went down on a flat finish and melted in great with Micro Set and Sol with no silvering.
-Glue in windows with the paint on the inside…the cupola and driver hatch windows were glued in with the paint side out.
-Scratch building is fun. I scratch built the dual 50 cal. wood crate. I should have found smaller wire for the crate ties but I was growing impatient and am ready to move onto something else.
-Antennas and the black smoke grenades were “scratch” built as well if you call cutting styrene rod scratch building…
-The green smoke grenades were the kit supplied grenades for the Marine launchers cut to fit the Army launchers. While I’m sure it’s not accurate, it fit the bill to add some depth.
-The black stars on the front and rear were airbrushed using friskit film and are a little too big for proper scale. But these were as small as I could get them with a #11 blade. I lost count of how many I cut before I got something usable.

Any additional critique is welcome as this is my 1st completed model with paint.

4 Likes

Nice job and great that you learned some things. Next :+1: :+1: one will be even better.

1 Like

It get my vote, well done and keep it all going for the next build :+1:

Great looking Abrams!

Thank you all for the compliments!! I’m going to the dark side with an F-15C for the next build.

Calling this one done, just in the nick of time. Like others, learned a lot (esp perseverance) on this one. One big accomplishment for me was not breaking off all the delicate details while doing the finishing touches, (just half of them) :grimacing:
Still, thanks for a great campaign and I am looking forward to doing the UFB 2021.
Happy New Year! :beers:

3 Likes

Looks great @PappyChappy! Heres the link to Unfinished business 2021!

A few more of the 312 Tiger and then 132 Tri color.

The Tri used the Tamiya zim and I am very happy with using it. I will use it for sure again on another Tiger.

DSC00642

DSC00641
monkey junction nc map

DSC00669

DSC00667

4 Likes

Nice job… I like the 2 tone… Very neat :+1:

1 Like