US Navy Seals in Combat Rubber Raiding Craft from Gecko | Armorama™

I was not SF, but when I first got to Germany I was issued a ton of stuff, mostly cold/ wet weather gear thankfully and also a small ALICE pack lol. Couldn’t believe it. So I went to clothing and sales a bought my own large ruck. Still have it to this day. Didn’t use it much in the reserve/ guard units I was in because we almost never went to the field and never did any road marching, and did not use it all all in the Air Guard. When I went Iraq I used the new Air Force issue ruck just for storage and nothing else, did not like it. I don’t think I ever took it out of my A bag. I did use it for numerous camping trips with my boys when they were in scouts. Love that thing……lol

1 Like

stare-finger
Be a man!

2 Likes

These guys would be great to use in a campaign… It could be called figures of forces that are special, or something catchy like that! I’m in for a box.

2 Likes

Like this possible one?

@Tank_1812 come on Ryan we all know health and safety has an on/off switch which all bosses use when they feel like :grinning::joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

I agree.

I have probably been a safety violator myself more times then I know. I just thought it was interesting and maybe more about myself as I never usually pay that much attention to the box art to notice at one of those details.

Just a nitpick that the water surface base should have included a sandy beach area.

There is a depression for the CRRC, but none for the kneeling M-60E3 machine gunner, which means that he’ll be kneeling on the surface of the waves in the middle of the ocean and that looks pretty unrealistic.

Modelers can create their own sandy beach around the CRRC for the M-60E3 gunner to be kneeling at the waterline. That just seems to be an omission on the kit designer’s part.

‘60 gunner’s call sign is Jesus…. :wink:

Then what’s the dinghy for? :wink:

Well, the name of the kit after all is “US Navy Seals Team in Action Circa 90s” :rofl:

:beer:

@Tank_1812 Ryan I’m just a civilian, so you’re gonna have to explain the safety violations on that box art to me, coz now I’m curious.

The nice man sitting in front of the gentleman who’s driving has his booger hook on the part that makes the scary black rifle go bang.

This behaviour is generally frowned upon as it may lead to what’s colloquially known as a “Bang Fcuk” followed by much shouting, gnashing of teeth and subsequently standing tall before the man.

2 Likes

@Canmedic Don, I just aboot understood what you were talking aboot…finger on trigger and I was concerned with the guy getting into the boat at the back pointing his rifle into the other guys back.

thanks for taking the time to explain it to a crayon munching civilian like myself :joy:

2 Likes

Yeah, Don explain one of them. The second one appears the gentleman in rear who nicely follows sop which is good cause it looks to be blue falconing
his buddy already in the boat in front of him.

Which I get it may be hard to control, I have Sgt Peralta on my mind when I saw that and still think his Navy Cross should be upgraded to MOH.

1 Like

Oh yeah, buddy flagging the rest of his homies at the back is a whole other thing.

Really it’s all just tacticool artistic licence.

2 Likes

His disciples… :smirk:

1 Like

One of my LRS buddies got shot in Panama that way… his platoon leader shot him in the buttocks while they were clearing weapons after their airfield seizure with 3rd Ranger Batt… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dear Colonel,

Nobody was more surprised than I…

These guys are now on pre-order at hobbyeasy for $25US, with a little change. ETA is June 21. I reckon that’s a bargain!

Is it me or does the M60 guy have no shirt on…

2 Likes

@Newtonk Yes, the M60 guy follows a photo taken around that time in a book that I have. He was so beefed up that he took off his shirt as a form of PSY OPS bicep warfare, or so the caption read.

The armament looks accurate to those SEAL Demonstrations to the public around that time. Too bad HobbyEasy didn’t take a photo of the weapons sprue.

I think one can modify these figures to 2010s with Live-Resin parts…just keep the legs, heads, hats, and arms.